For the week of November 13th, 2017.
This week we will focus on Thanksgiving & the Letter “T“.
Here are some of the learning activities.
Art: 3’s will trace the letter “T“. Then cut out paper teeth & glue them on the letter.
Art: 4’s will create a picture of a person with teeth.
Art: 3’s & 4’s will make a Thankerchief and make a handprint Turkey.
Fine Motor: Students will create an AB pattern on a headband.
Language Arts: Students will practice writing upper & lower case “T”. Students will also listen to the Jolly Phonics CD.
Math: Students will trace dotted numbers 1-10.
Religion: Students will start a number religion book. For example, your child will trace number 1 & color a Jesus. Then do the same thing for 2 Angels.
Social/Emotional: Students will dictate & draw what he or she is thankful for.
Science: “My Big World Magazine” Students will learn about Thanksgiving.
- Sunday: 11-19-17, Cardinal Blasé J. Cupich will bless & dedicate our new hall and bells following a Bilingual Mass of Thanksgiving at 10:30am.
- Please send in empty toilet paper rolls for an art project.
- Before your child comes to school please have them go to the bathroom. Every morning by 8:15 nine of our Friendly Frogs already have to go to the bathroom.
- Continue practicing putting on shoes, putting on their coat, taking off their coats & zipping or snapping. Thank-You!
- Monitor what your child is watching on TV. If they watch people fighting on TV, they often start fighting with their friends at school.
- Dress your child for the weather. Boots, water proof mittens, snow pants and a hat. We do take them out most days.
Our Stars of the Week