Wednesday, December 12, 2018 – Day 8
Message from Student Leadership Team
This year has been an amazing year so far with with tons of spirit and great ideas shared.
Here are a few things that were accomplished this year that the SLT would like to celebrate and thank you for.
- Halloween with a pilot project of TEAMS incorporated into it. Thanks to all those Timberwolves, Elks, Ants, Moose out there!
- Cleaner water fountains
- Tea/Hot water available in the morning in the cafeteria!
- Revised the way the junior lunch flows.
- Working collaboratively with the kitchen team on the quality of our food.
None of this could have been possible without your suggestions and bright ideas, please keep them coming! The SLT has great things planned for 2019! We cannot wait to share them with you.
The SLT wishes you a happy holiday and a good luck for those in exams!
- GRAD COMMITTEE: Our next Grad Committee Meeting is today at 1:00 p.m. Please bring your lunch Conference Room.
- Think before you print! Please remember the printer you have chosen and only press print once. Please remember to pick up your printed material in the Learning Commons. Ms. Tobin has put a lot of material in the recycling bin.
- Books due back to the Learning Commons this Thursday, December 13th. Please return books by this Thursday. If you want to renew loans please see me before Thursday.
- Advisor Group Holiday Hamper Collection
- Grade 11 Graduation ~ Details
- Take action against bullying! Enter the contest with GISA Inter Ligne and have the chance to have your script directed by a professional team and broadcast during an awareness campaign. The deadline is January 13! http://agis.interligne.co/en/contest/
- Don't forget to get your team of three and sign up for the World Scholar's Cup with Aaron. Deadline is December 20. Don't miss this amazing opportunity! World Scholar's Cup Information & FAQ
ECA starting in January for Grades 10 and 11
The Project Wayfinder ECA that you heard about last week from Alan Johnson will start in January and run once per cycle at senior lunch until May. You can learn more at projectwayfinder.com or by speaking with Alan Johnson, Sarah Steiner, or with Mr. Foote.
We are hoping to know who’s interested before we go on break, so please email Mr. Foote if this ECA seems right for you!
| Wednesday - December 12
- High School Junior Concert (Grade 8 & 9) (3:15 p.m.)
| Thursday - December 13
- Gr 10 & 11 Last Day of Classes before exams
| Friday - December 14
- Gr 10 & 11 Exam Period Starts
| Friday - December 17
- Gr 9 Last Day of Classes before exams
| Tuesday - December 18
- Gr 9 Exam Period Starts
| Thursday - December 20
- Gr 7 & 8 Last Day of Classes before Winter Break - Early Dismissal at 11:15 a.m. (No lunch service)
| Wednesday, December 12
- Bantam Boys Basketball Practice - 3:15-4:45 p.m.
- Juvenile Girls Basketball Practice - 4:45-6:30 p.m.
| Thursday, December 13
- Juvenile Girls Basketball Game at Beaconsfield HS - 4:00 p.m. / Early dismissal: 2:15 p.m. / Bus Departs: 2:30 p.m.
- Juvenile Boys - Team 2 Basketball Game VS Macdonald HS - 4:45 p.m.