ThursDAY, April 18, 2019 – Day 9
Message to students from Mr. O'Connor
It is with mixed emotions that I am informing you that Jacqueline Lemieux, our guidance counselor's last day at St. George's will be May 17th this year. Jackie has earned a remarkable opportunity to pursue a passion within the the Royal Canadian Naval Reserves going into next year.
On one hand, our school community will miss very much her deep commitment toward supporting us in all areas of school life, and on the other, we must celebrate Jackie's decision to assume some risk, pursue a passion and model what it is to be a life long learner.
Rest assured, Jackie remains here as normal until May 17th. Following her departure, Jackie will play an important role in the transition to a new guidance counselor making sure you are all supported fully.
Jackie invites you to discuss any of this process further with her, and in the meantime, I wish to celebrate all that she does.
Wednesday was an amazing day for our badminton teams, congratulations to the following teams for your accomplishments!
- Bantam Girls - Silver Medal
- Bantam Boys - Gold Medal
- Midget Boys - Gold Medal
Message : Dear grade 8 students, there is a mandatory assembly in the theatre at 9:35 on TUESDAY, APRIL 23rd regarding the Big Brother Big Sister program for next year. See you all there!
- To all ambassadors: please come to the theatre on Friday, April 26th, during advisor to take our yearbook photo!
- Reminder Grade 11 - Mandatory CPR Training on Thursday, April 18 from 8:00-11:30 a.m. Students are asked to arrive at school by 7:50 a.m. in order to ensure an 8:00 start to the day’s activities.
- Read & Recycle on Wednesday, April 24th – Books needed
- The Creative Writing Club will be meeting Thursday, April 18 at 3:00 p.m. in room 401. New members welcome! Hope to see you there.
- Join us at the Sight and Sound Celebration on Thursday, April 25 – Invitation
- Earth Day Summit on May 3 – Workshop Descriptions
- McGill Research Project - Information and Permission Form
- Earth Day: Small Glass Jars Wanted!
- June Exam Schedule and Information
- Lunch Menu, April
Grade 11 Graduation – May 31
| Thursday - April 18
- Grade 11 Mandatory CPR Certification Course (8:00-11:30 a.m.)
| Friday - April 19
- School and offices closed
| Monday - April 22
- School and offices closed
| Tuesday - April 23
- Grade 8 Assembly at 9:35 a.m. in the Theatre
| Thursday, April 18
- Track and Field Practice on Mount Royal - 3:15-4:45 p.m. Please bring appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Girls Flag Football Practice - 3:15-5:30 p.m. - TMR Rec 3 Field / Bus departs: 3:15 p.m. Please bring appropriate clothing for the weather.
- Juvenile Boys Tennis Practice 4:00 - 5:00 p.m. at Nun's Island Tennis Club. / Bus departs: 3:20 p.m.