Weekly Memo - December 10th - December 14th, 2018 - Days 4-1
- It is Week 1 on the new cafeteria menu. There will be no regular cafeteria services on Tuesday, but there is turkey dinner for those who pre-ordered. Also, there will be no cafeteria services on Thursday, December 20th or Friday December 21st.
- We have gym on Monday and Wednesday this week.
Dress for the Weather
- Please keep in mind that we play outside most days and it is crucial for children to be dressed for the weather.
- ALL students need their winter coats, boots, snowpants, hats, and mittens each day!!!!
- If they don't have all their winter gear, they will still have to go outside, but won't be allowed to play in the snow on the field.
- It might be a good idea to pack an extra pair of socks and gym pants just in case they do get wet.
All children should have:
- separate footwear for outdoors
- a pair of shoes to be worn in school
- a pair of sneakers to be worn only in the Gym.
Social Justice Movie Day
- Monday will be our Social Justice Movie Day. Students are asked to donate up to $5. In exchange for their donation, they get to wear jeans or other comfortable clothes and get to watch a movie with our Holland Hall friends in the afternoon.
- There will also be an opportunity to purchase popcorn from the Grade 5 classes. Popcorn is 50 cents.
- Students may wear their gym uniforms to school on Thursday to keep their regular uniform clean for Thursday evening.
- Our Christmas concert is on Thursday evening at 6:30 in the Gym. All students are expected to be in full school uniform (including their tie, sweater, and dark footwear). Students are asked to meet the teachers in the Aula Maxima at 6:00. Please note, the doors will not be open before this time as there is no supervision available before 6:00.
- At the end of the evening, all students will return to the Aula Maxima. Parents must pick them up there. It is critical that you check-in with me before you leave with your child, so I know they have been picked up.
- Tickets for the concert are available in the main office from Ms. Noseworthy. There are 4 per family. Tickets are not sold at the door. Tickets must be picked up no later than Tuesday.
Homework / Baggie Books
- There will be no homework or baggie books assigned again until after the Christmas break.
- For homework this week, we kindly ask that you do some practice with your child. We'd like you to help them become as independent as possible in getting all their outdoor gear on quickly and properly. Your help with this is greatly appreciated.
- Our December blitz will take place on Saturday from 9:30-11:00 in the basement of Holland Hall. It's a great chance to clear our before Christmas and help the school. You may even win one of our $10 prizes!
Kindergarten and Grade 1 Craft Morning
- We are planning a Kindergarten and Grade 1 craft morning on Monday, December 17th. The children will rotate through the 4 classrooms, completing a Christmas craft in each room. We will need some parent volunteers to help in each classroom. Please keep an eye out for our Sign-Up Genius. Your help is greatly appreciated.
- Wednesday, December 19th - Kindergartens sing at St. John's International Airport. They will sing at noon and then have lunch before returning to school.
- Thursday, December 20th - Red/Green Day. Wear something red and/or green today to show your Christmas Spirit
- Friday, December 21st - Christmas Break begins. 1:00 dismissal
- Monday, January 7th - School re-opens. It will be Day 7.
- Monday, January 14th - Lottery Launch
- Friday, January 18th - Kinderstart - No classes for current Kindergarten students
- Friday, January 25th - The Rooms - Printmaking
- Friday, January 25th - Term 1 Reports go home
- Thursday, January 31st - Parent-Teacher Interviews - noon dismissal for students
Monday (Day 4)
- Social Justice Movie Day (Bring along your donation!)
- Social Justice Popcorn sale (50 cents)
- Wear your jeans or other comfortable clothes
Tuesday (Day 5)
- Turkey dinner for those who pre-ordered
- No regular cafeteria services
Wednesday (Day 6)
Thursday (Day 7)
- Wear your gym uniform to school today
- Christmas Concert 6:30 in the Gym - Drop off at 6:00 in the Aula. Wear FULL uniform, including dark footwear.
Friday (Day 1)
Saturday, December 15th
- Recycling Blitz 9:30-11:00
Have a great week!