Manitou Springs School District serves approximately 1450 students from pre-kindergarten to grade 12 who reside in the communities of Manitou Springs, Woodland Park and Colorado Springs.
Responsible Energy & Greenhouse Gas Reduction
- LED lighting, HVAC controls, temperature control, automatic light switches.
- Bus routes improved to save fuel.
Waste Minimization & Diversion
- Diverted waste to landfill through recycling and compost programs.
Water Conservation & Quality
- Reduced water usage through the installation of new flow meters.
- Installed water fountains for students to fill water bottles.
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Students at Manitou Springs Elementary School grow vegetables and raise chickens for eggs.
- Hosted Bike or walk to School Day, an annual event, promoting cycling or walking as a healthy, safe, & environmentally friendly alternative to driving.
- Offer free exercise classes to all staff, including local pool and gym access.
- Free flu shots to all staff
- Students set up recycling events for the community.
- Work with Apple and local recycling companies, recycles 100% of unusable technology equipment
- Donate older equipment to local charities.
- No screen savers allowed and computer labs automatically turns off at 4:00pm
- Installed print PIN's on all Copy machines
- Moved to Student on-line Management Program, less printing.