Welcome to Grade 8
* Announcements *
Week of May 20th, 2018
** Happy May!*
1. I hope that each of my 8th Graders are enjoying their weekend despite this awful weather! I know that the weather forecasters say that rain is a good thing every so often, but it feels as though it has been raining forever! Let's hope that the sunshine we miss so much comes back to us soon and that we can give our rain boots a much needed break!
2. Can you believe that Memorial Day is just a week away? Where has the time gone? It feels like just yesterday we were kicking off our last year of elementary school and now here we are....13 school days away from Graduation Day! Let the countdown to the celebrations begin!
3. I am so impressed by the hard work and dedication to success you put forth on your English Language Arts and Religion Performance Assessment! We spent much time in class learning about the Seven Themes of Catholic Social Teaching and as we delved deeper and deeper in to the lesson, you continued to amaze me with your intelligent thoughts, respectful debates, and willingness to learn more about things you did not know before. The final products are beautiful, 8th Grade! Be proud of yourselves! I am super proud of you!
4. On Monday, May 21st, 2018 we will take part in our second Walk-A-Thon of the year. As this event was originally planned for last week, we are all set to walk for a good cause! Be sure to wear your gym uniforms and comfy shoes! Remember, each and every street around campus is dug up and super muddy so be prepared! We will begin to walk at 9:30AM and you will be treated to a snack and water upon your return to school.
5. Our Saint Anthony of Padua Regional Catholic School athletes will be honored on Tuesday evening at our annual Sports Awards Dinner. Although I can not attend, I am looking forward to hearing all about it and know that I am very proud of you for working well with the members of your teams. Keep up the great work!
6. On Wednesday, May 23rd, 2018 we will be heading to Washington DC for our Graduation Trip! I will meet you outside Church at 6:55AM! Be awake and ready to board the bus with a smile! I know how excited you are for this trip and I am happy to see that so far, the weather forecast looks good! I expect nothing less than your best behavior on this trip, 8th Grade. I know that you will make me proud. Remember to dress appropriately and that no shorts are permitted to be worn. Thank you! Our estimated time of arrival back to school is 7:30PM. I know that we will be exhausted, but the good news is that we only have school on Thursday and then a long weekend off to rest up and relax!
7. There will be no school for students on Friday, May 25th and Monday, May 28th, 2018. I want you to spend the long weekend having fun and preparing for Final Exams! There is much on our schedule once Memorial Day passes us by so be ready to work hard and enjoy the festivities planned for you!
8. Looking ahead, we will host our Heroes for a spectacular Heroes Breakfast and Prayer Service on Wednesday, May 30th at 9:00AM. Please tell your Heroes meet us in the Saint Anthony of Padua Catholic School hall at 9AM where you will show them to their seats and prepare the surprises we have in store for them. This event is my favorite 8th Grade event for so many reasons. I know you will enjoy it. I too, am bringing my Hero, the fabulous Mrs. Theresa!
9. We will attend a special Graduation Retreat at Saint Rita's Shrine on Thursday, May 31st. Taking part in a day of prayer and reflection, you will look ahead towards the future with hope and excitement. This is your time, 8th Grade! Enjoy every moment!
10. As we near the end of the school year, it is absolutely imperative that we maintain our good behavior and time management skills. Remember, you are the leaders of our school and I want you to leave a legacy behind that you are proud of.
11. I would like to take this time to thank my wonderful students for their continued prayers. You always make me smile and I am grateful for each and every one of you!
12. Congratulations to Nicholas Ruggiero, our Ambassador of Jesus and Mary for the month of April, displaying the virtue of Justice. I am very proud of you. Continue to emulate the ways of Jesus and Mary is the special ways that you do. God Bless You.
13. Congratulations to Quentin Tran, our Student of the Month for April! What a well deserved honor! Continue to keep up the awesome work both in the classroom and around our school! I am very proud of you both! God Bless You!
14. Remember to check out the all important Question of the Week! Earn those Extra Credit points!
15. Remember to pray daily, reach for the stars, maintain a positive attitude, and always follow your dreams!
God Bless You!