Welcome goes here!
Ms. Lisa Hagstrom is from southern Minnesota and has lived in Stewartville, MN for 26 years. I have worked in Stewartville as a Speech Language Pathologist for 16 years. I also worked in Rochester for 15 years as an SLP. She received both her Bachelor of Communicative Disorders degree and Master of Communicative Sciences and Disorders degree from St. Cloud State University and University of Wisconsin-River Falls. She works full time at Bonner Elementary and Early Chilidhood School. She has 4 children and enjoys gardening. She also has a love for her 3 dogs.
Syllabus or Classroom Expectations
Areas of Speech and Language:
- Articulation: How speech sounds are produced.
- Phonology: How sounds are organized into classes and the rules/patterns that govern production.
- Receptive Language: How we comprehend language and language concepts in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order). Listening and Auditory Processing (how language is processed) is also included in Receptive Language (example: following multi-step directions).
- Expressive Language: How we use language to express ideas, feelings, and needs in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order).
- Fluency: How fluently, or smoothly, we speak.