Welcome to my WebRoom!
For updated information, please log into Schoology.com or visit the calendar links above.
For my Semester 1 Schedule and English 9 Assignment/Grading Policies, scroll down this page.
I am happy to be in my 8th teaching year in Stewartville. I began my career in Silver Bay, MN, on the north shore of Lake Superior, where I taught grades 7-12 (1998-2011). I've been advisor for yearbook, school newspaper, National Honor Society, and senior classes. I worked as assistant softball coach, played in the pep band (with the students), line judged for volleyball matches, and was official scorekeeper and announcer for the boys and girls hockey teams.
I am currently working toward a Master's Degree in Advanced Studies in English, with a completion date of August, 2019.
Jodi and I were married in 2011 and welcomed Lora Grace in 2012. Geneva Mae was born in 2016. My girls (all three of them) are my greatest treasures!
It's great to live in Southeastern Minnesota and to teach in Stewartville!
1st Semester Schedule
Period 1 Study Hall
Period 2 English 9
Period 3 English 9
Period 4 English 9
Period 5 Lunch/GPS/PREP
Period 6 English 9
Period 7 Teacher Prep
Period 8 Honors English 9
English 9 Assignment/Grading Policies
- All assignments are due on the established due date
- All second attempts on Schoology assignments must be completed by the established due date
- Schoology assignments will be available for a grace period of ONE WEEK following the established due date. After one week, you must speak with Mr. Dettmann for access to the assignment.
- Late assignments completed during the one week grace period will be assessed a 10% penalty on the scored total
- (Ex. Total score 78%-10% penalty=Final grade of 68%)
- Late assignments completed after the one week grace period will be assessed a 25% penalty on the total score
- (Ex. Total score 78%-25% penalty=Final grade of 53%)
Special circumstances may apply – See Mr. Dettmann