Ms. Courtney Severson is a native of South Saint Paul, Minnesota and has been at Bonner Elementary School since 2016. She received both her Bachelor of Communicative Disorders degree and Master of Communicative Sciences and Disorders degree from the University of Wisconsin-River Falls. She works full time at Bonner Elementary School. She resides in Stewartville and enjoys cooking and spending time with her family. She is also one of the gymnastics coaches for the Stewartville High School Gymnastics Team. Go Tigers!
Areas of Speech and Language:
- Articulation: How speech sounds are produced.
- Phonology: How sounds are organized into classes and the rules/patterns that govern production.
- Receptive Language: How we comprehend language and language concepts in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order). Listening and Auditory Processing (how language is processed) is also included in Receptive Language (example: following multi-step directions).
- Expressive Language: How we use language to express ideas, feelings, and needs in a variety of areas: semantics (vocabulary), syntax (grammar), pragmatics (social skills), and morphology (word order).
- Fluency: How smoothly we speak (stuttering).
Bonner Address: 526 5th Ave. SE. Stewartville, MN 55976