Indian Women and Mathematics
Annual Conference 2018
Shiv Nadar University, June 21-23, 2018
Indian Women and Mathematics (IWM) is a collective of Indian mathematicians that has been in existence since 2009. Our objective is to encourage more women to pursue higher education in mathematics, and to organize events and networking opportunities that will enable them to take up careers in mathematics.
The IWM Annual Conferences aim to bring together women students, college and university teachers and early-career researchers with mathematicians, especially women mathematicians not just from India but internationally, working at the frontiers of mathematics, to exchange mathematical ideas and share their experiences.
A major goal of this event is to enable junior women mathematicians to interact with their senior colleagues, both individually and in small groups, as well as to present their work. To this end, in addition to the invited talks, there will be sessions featuring contributed talks, and a poster session. Advanced Ph.D. students and early-career researchers are encouraged to apply (when registering for this conference) to give a contributed talk or present a poster.
Participation is not restricted to women only. Others are welcome to apply, especially those in the early stages of their careers.
- Group photo of participants has been uploaded to Gallery. A link has been provided to a Google Drive folder with other photos.
- Accommodation of all the outstation participants is arranged in Visitors Hostel and Hostel 2A.
- Schedule of Talks
- List of selections for Contributed Talks and Poster Presentations has been uploaded on Program page.
- List of other selected participants has also been uploaded.
- All the participants must confirm their participation after booking their tickets by sending a copy of the ticket at firstname.lastname@example.org by June 12, 2018. (Please save your tickets, and boarding pass if applicable, in case you are eligible for reimbursement.)
- Online registration has closed. However, on the spot registration for mathematics students/post-docs/faculty from Delhi and NCR is possible as local participants in the morning of the first day, 21 June, 2018. If you wish to register as a local participant, please send in advance email to email@example.com stating your name, age, gender, affiliation and whether you are a student, post-doc or a faculty.
Neela Nataraj (IIT Bombay)
Madhu Raka (Panjab University)
R. Parimala (Emory University)
Vijaylaxmi Trivedi (TIFR)
Nikita Agarwal (IISER Bhopal)
Sujata Ghosh (ISI Chennai)
Jyotshana Prajapat (University of Mumbai)
Anuradha Sharma (IIIT Delhi)
Rama Mishra (IISER Pune)
Ananya Lahiri (Chennai Mathematical Institute)
Purvi Gupta (Rutgers University)
Shreedevi Masuti (Chennai Mathematical Institute)
Vandana Rajpal (Shivaji College, Delhi University)