You are your child's first and most important teacher. As partners we are seeking your input: Please let us know what is helpful within this site what is missing that you would like to hear more about. Thank you for sharing your children with us!
- How Much Sleep Do Children Need?
- Tips for Parenting Through Divorce
- When Your Child Refuses to Go to School
- Tips for Success in School
- Youtube Clips for Social Emotional Learning
- Poster: Body Safety Rules
- Sexual Abuse Prevention
- Children's books in Social and Emotional Learning
- Social Thinking Vocabulary used in SKSD
For students of all ages:
- Kids’ Link RI website: hotline for children in emotional crisis. A program offered in collaboration with Gateway Healthcare, Lifespan, Hasbro Children's Hospital and Bradley Hospital, Kids’ Link RI is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for children suffering from behavioral problems or psychiatric illness.
ORGANIZATIONS SERVING CHILDREN WITH DISABILITIES
- The Autism Project: a unique collaboration of parents, professionals and community members who provide quality support, training, and programming that is accessible to all for children and adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families and those who work with them.
- SK SELAC (special education local advisory committee): advisory group on matters concerning the unmet needs of students with disabilities.
LOCAL AGENCIES ASSISTING FAMILIES WITH BASIC NEEDS AND MORE
- Community Resource Guide - Basic Needs +
- Food/Household Items: Johnnycake Center: (401) 789-1559
- Family Care Community Partnerships (FCCP)/S.County Community Action: to wrap you with the right local services and community programs to build a stronger family.
- Washington County Coalition website: a coalition of social service agencies, health providers, parents, legislators, town officials, volunteers, and others who advocate on behalf of the region's children.
- All Things Digital: Parent Guide
- Media Guidelines
- Internet Challenges
- When To Get Your Child a Phone
- Using Digital Media and Video Games to Improve Thinking Skills (lots of free info, some programs for purchase)
HEALTH & WELLNESS