You are your child's first and most important teacher. As partners we are seeking your input: Please let us know what is helpful within this site what is missing that you would like to hear more about. Thank you for sharing your children with us!
For students of all ages:
- Community Resource Guide - Basic Needs +
- Food/Household Items: Johnnycake Center: (401) 789-1559
- The Autism Project: a unique collaboration of parents, professionals and community members who provide quality support, training, and programming that is accessible to all for children and adults with an Autism Spectrum Disorder, their families and those who work with them.
- Washington County Coalition website: a coalition of social service agencies, health providers, parents, legislators, town officials, volunteers, and others who advocate on behalf of the region's children.
- Kids’ Link RI website: hotline for children in emotional crisis. A program offered in collaboration with Gateway Healthcare, Lifespan, Hasbro Children's Hospital and Bradley Hospital, Kids’ Link RI is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week for children suffering from behavioral problems or psychiatric illness.
- Family Care Community Partnerships (FCCP)/S.County Community Action: to wrap you with the right local services and community programs to build a stronger family.
- RI Department of Education
- RI Department of Children, Youth, and Families
- SK SELAC (special education local advisory committee): advisory group on matters concerning the unmet needs of students with disabilities.
- Health and Wellness Informational Website (dental, medical, fitness, nutrition, etc)
- All Things Digital: Parent Guide
- Media Guidelines
- Internet Challenges
- When To Get Your Child a Phone
- Bullying Prevention
- Preventing Teen Dating Violence: Lindsay Ann Burke Domestic Violence
- Social Thinking Vocabulary used in SKSD
- Grief: FRIENDS WAY (Families Reaching Into Each New Day) is the only family bereavement center in Rhode Island, serving families throughout Southeastern New England. 401-921-0980
- Trouble Getting Your Child to School?