Chen Cao (曹晨)
Research Scientist @ Facebook Reality Labs
Contact: zju.caochen at gmail.com
I am a Research Scientist at Facebook Reality Labs Pittsburgh. I was a Senior Research Scientist at Snap. I obtained the PhD from Zhejiang University(ZJU), supervised by Prof. Kun Zhou. I was a student member of Graphics and Parallel Systems Lab. I received my B. Eng. degree from College of Computer Science & Technology, Zhejiang University in 2010. My research concentrates on computer graphics.
[2019.07.08] Have my first day at Facebook.
[2019.05.09] Our paper "Efficient Neural Networks for Real-time Motion Style Transfer" is accepted by SCA 2019
[2018.08.11] Our paper "Stabilized Real-time Face Tracking via a Learned Dynamic Rigidity Prior" is conditionally accepted by Siggraph Asia 2018
[2016.06.20] Have my first day at Snapchat.
[2016.04.25] Our paper "Real-Time Facial Animation with Image-based Dynamic Avatars" is conditionally accepted by Siggraph 2016.
[2016.03.31] I won the Excellent Graduate Student honor of Zhejiang Province.
[2015.10.20] I will move to USA in 2016, and will become a Research Scientist in Snapchat.
[2015.10.15] I won the 2015 Chu Kochen Scholarship, the highest scholarship of ZJU, 12 awardees from all 5000+ graduate students.
My research interest is computer graphics, especially for facial animation:
- 3D face expression database for virtual computing
- Real-time facial animation with single camera
- Facial image/video editing
- 2/2012 ~ 6/2016: Ph.D candidate, College of Computer Science & Technology, Zhejiang University
- 9/2010 ~ 2/2012: M.Sc candidate (Transferred to PhD), College of Computer Science & Technology, Zhejiang University
- 9/2006 ~ 6/2010: B.Eng., Chu Kochen Hornors Program, College of Computer Science & Technology, Zhejiang University
Honor & Awards
- 2016 Excellent Graduate Student of Zhejiang Province
- 2015 Chu Kochen Scholarship (The highest scholarship of ZJU, 12/5000+ graduate students)
- 2010 Chiang Chen Scholarship [Website]
- 2013 Microsoft Research Asia Fellowship (10 awardees in Asia) [Website]
- 2013 National Ph.D. Scholarships of P.R.China [Website](Chinese)
3D Guided Fine-Grained Face Manipulation
Zhenglin Geng, Chen Cao, Sergey Tulyakov
Stabilized Real-time Face Tracking via a Learned Dynamic Rigidity Prior
Chen Cao, Menglei Chai, Oliver Woodford, Linjie Luo
ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH Asia 2018)
Joint Audio-Video Driven Facial Animation
Xin Chen, Chen Cao, Zehao Xue, Wei Chu
Real-Time Facial Animation with Image-based Dynamic Avatars
Chen Cao, Hongzhi Wu, Yanlin Weng, Tianjia Shao, Kun Zhou
ACM Transactions on Graphics (SIGGRAPH 2016)
Interactive Rendering of Non-Constant, Refractive Media using the Ray Equations of Gradient-Index Optics
Chen Cao, Zhong Ren, Baining Guo, Kun Zhou
Computer Graphics Forum (Eurographics Symposium on Rendering 2010)
Real-time Adaptive Fluid Simulation With Complex Boundaries
Jian He, Xi Chen, Zhangye Wang, Chen Cao, He Yan, Qunsheng Peng
The Visual Computer 2010
Last update: 2019-05-09