Intelligent Cognitive Technology
I have participated in numerous large-scale research project performing a leading role as a research scientist and manager. My research achievements have been presented at prominent international conferences and journals including IEEE, ASME, RSJ, and KRoS, at which I received outstanding research awards. In addition, some of the exceptional ideas derived from my research have been patented in the USA, Japan, Europe, and Korea, and the technology has been transferred to several companies for commercialization. Currently, my research interests include the localization and map building for intelligent vehicles, and the navigation technology for pedestrians in indoor/outdoor.
I awarded the best poster paper at ICROS 2015.
"Implementation of a Low-cost Range Sensor Covering a Wide Direction by Using the Multiple Projected Texture Stereo Cameras"
We accept the papers at IEEE CASE 2014.
"Trajectory Generation Method using Bezier Spiral Curves for High-Speed On-Road Autonomous Vehicles"
"Implementation of Spatial Visualization for a Tele-Operated Robot in a Complex and Hazardous Environment"
"Coarse-To-Fine Robot Localization Method Using Radio Fingerprint and Particle Filter"
I joined a reading group as a presenter to share the recent trends on robotics and computer vision.
List of selected papers
- Yu-Cheol Lee, “Implementation of a Low-cost Range Sensor Covering a Wide Direction by Using the Multiple Projected Texture Stereo Cameras,” in Proc. of Institute of Control, Robotics and Systems Annual Conference (ICROS), Daejeon, Korea, 2015. (Korean) [Best Poster Award] PDF
- Yu-Cheol Lee and SeungHwan Park, “3D Map Building Method with Mobile Mapping System in Indoor Environments,” in Proc. of 16th International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), Montevideo, Uruguay, 2013. DOI
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Christiand, Wonpil Yu and Sunghoon Kim, “Satellite Image based Topological Map Building Method for Intelligent Mobile Robots,” in Proc. of IEEE Intelligent Vehicles Symposium (IV), pp.867-872, Alcala de Henares, Spain, 2012. DOI
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Christiand, Wonpil Yu and Jae-Il Cho, “Adaptive Localization for Mobile Robots in Urban Environments Using Low-Cost Sensors and Enhanced Topological Map,” in Proc. of 15th International Conference on Advanced Robotics (ICAR), pp.569-575, Tallinn, Estonia, 2011. DOI
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Christiand, Heesung Chae and Wonpil Yu, “Artificial Landmark Map Building Method Based on Grid SLAM in Large Scale Indoor Environment,” in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Systems, Man, and Cybernetics (SMC), pp.4251-4256, Istanbul, Turkey, 2010. DOI
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Jong-Hwan Lim, Dong-Woo Cho, Wan Kyun Chung, "Sonar Map Construction for Autonomous Mobile Robots Using a Data Association Filter,” Advanced Robotics (AR), Vol.23, No.1-2, pp.185-201, 2009. DOI
- Sunglok Choi, JaeYeong Lee, Yu-Cheol Lee, Seung-Hwan Park, and Wonpil Yu, “Guided Path Planning for Proximity Location Sensors,” in Proc. of 6th International Conference on Ubiquitous Robots and Ambient Intelligence (URAI), Gwang-ju, Korea, 2009. [Outstanding Paper Award] PDF
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Wonpil Yu, Jong-Hwan Lim, Wan-Kyun Chung and Dong-Woo Cho, “Sonar Grid Map Based Localization for Autonomous Mobile Robots,” in Proc. of IEEE/ASME International Conference on Mechatronic and Embedded Systems and Applications (MESA), pp.558-563, Beijing, China, 2008. [Best Paper Award] DOI
- Se-Jin Lee, Yu-Cheol Lee, Dong-Woo Cho, Jong-Hwan Lim, Chul-Ung Kang, Won-Soo Yun, “Evaluation of Features through Grid Association for Building a Sonar Map,” in Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation (ICRA), pp. 2615-2620, Orlando, FL, USA, 2006. DOI
List of selected patents
- Nakju Doh, Wonpil Yu, Sangik Na, Yu-Cheol Lee, Hyo-Sung Ahn, “Apparatus for Detecting the Movement of Its Embedded Attaching Means”, U.S.A Patent: 7681464, Registration Date: Mar.22.2010 Link
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Jihoon Joung, Wonpil Yu, “Method of and apparatus for creating map of artificial marks, and method and apparatus for measuring position of moving object using the map”, U.S.A Patent: 12/912199, Application Date: Oct.26.2010 Link
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Sangik Na, Wonpil Yu, Kyuseo Han, “Method and System for Creating Indoor Environment Map”, U.S.A Patent: 12/692113, Application Date: Jan.22.2010 Link
- Yu-Cheol Lee, Wonpil Yu, Sangik Na, Hyo-Sung Ahn, “Surroundings Mapping Apparatus Capable of Applying Quickly Changed Surroundings Information in Mobile Robot and Method Thereof”, U.S.A Patent: 12/518245, Application Date: Jun.08.2009 Link
- Sangik Na, Wonpil Yu, Yu-Cheol Lee, Nakju Doh, “Autonomous Mobile Robot Capable of Detouring Obstacle and Method Thereof”, U.S.A Patent: 12/443381, Application Date: Mar.27.2009 Link
Updated : Jan.06.2015