- You Tree launched on the 8th September 2011. We are an informal, friendly and lively group which encourages people to actively participate. We are here for you, your carers, family and friends. We want to improve the lives of everyone affected by cancer. Support is offered to help improve the quality of life and increase confidence and independence.
- We offer a range of regular activites with a varied programme to suit all.
- There are experienced Macmillan trained listeners on hand if you would like to speak to somebody on a one to one basis.
- You will have access to a wide range of information that may be useful to you, your family and friends.
- Although we do not offer advice, we are able to signpost you to approporiate organisations.
Aims & Objectives
- To provide help and support to all cancer sufferers, their carers, relatives and friends.
- We will offer support by providing regular meetings where people can talk in a supportive atmosphere.
- To have Macmillan trained listeners available to all.
- To provide transport help where needed.
- To provide an information pack with all relevant information for those who have been recently diagnosed or who have been discharged from Hospice care.
- To research and hold all information relevant to cancer sufferers. For example benefit schemes etc. Obtaining up to date literature/leaflets which can be displayed on a stand for all to use.
- To fundraise for Macmillan and also to provide for the local Hospice etc.
- To invite speakers to speak to our group.
- To set up a website to provide information about the group.
- We would also like to put in place a phone and answer phone system so there is 24 hour support (this will only be put into use when we have the funds and support it will take to run it)
- To liaise with Cancer nurses, Oncology and local Macmillan teams.
- John Penrose - MP for Weston-Super-Mare & Minister for Tourism and Heritage
© You Tree 2012 | Supported by Macmillan Cancer Support