Chicagoland Marching Band Festival
51st Annual Chicagoland Marching Band Festival
Saturday, September 15, 2018
Please sign up for this coming year’s CMBF marching event!
Check out this video from last year’s guest band - The University of Wisconsin Eau Claire Blugold Marching Band!
Spots remain, but will fill soon!
TICKETS: General admission prices: $12.00 Adults/$8.00 Students & Senior Citizens. The family plan is 2 adults/4 children for $30.00. Competing band members must have their hand stamped upon arrival at the festival for admission to the stadium.
DIRECTIONS: Wheeling High School is at 900 South Elmhurst Road, Wheeling, IL. Located on the corner of Route 83 (Elmhurst Road) and Hintz Road in Wheeling, one mile south of Route 68 (Dundee Road) and one mile north of Palatine/Willow Road.
CONCESSIONS: A wide variety of delicious food and drinks will be available throughout the evening. Please support our festival by using our concessions.
- Grand Champion Trophy
- Class A - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Trophies
- Class AA - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Trophies
- Class AAA - 1st, 2nd, 3rd Place Trophies
- Participant Awards
- Outstanding Music (Class)
- Outstanding Percussion (Class)
- Outstanding Drum Major (Class)
- Outstanding Auxiliary (Class)
- Outstanding General Effect (Class)
QUESTIONS: Please feel free to call Wheeling High School at 847-718-7000 (WHS), 847-718-7111 (Band Office).
CONTINGENCY PLAN for INCLEMENT WEATHER:
The following contingency plan will be implemented should inclement weather threaten the Chicagoland Marching Band Festival.
- If inclement weather is imminent the contest will be postponed to determine the possibility of a late start.
- If a late start appears impossible, and/or the contest field is unusable, the contest will be moved to the stadium track, or inside the high school gymnasium. Bands will be judged in music (2), Music GE (2), Auxiliary, Percussion, and Drum Majors
- The Wheeling Instrumental League will charge admission to the event regardless of weather.
- Concessions will be served in the high school cafeteria.
- Warm up will occur 45 minutes before your performance in the theater or orchestra room (30 minute warm up). This is followed by 15 minutes to stage in the field house (next to the gym) for a gymnasium performance. A band guide will assist you.
Map of Wheeling High School