WEST ZONE ATHLETICS
SCHOOL DISTRICT #73 ATHLETIC COUNCIL
- During the 1992/93 school year at the request of the Assistant Superintendent’s office, a School District #24 Athletic Council was formed to advise on matters related to School District #24 Athletics. This council continues to contribute to the well being of athletic programs in School District #73.
The S.D. #73 Athletic Council has, as its mandate, the following:
- To bring forward a Philosophy Statement of Goals.
- To act as an advisory body to bring forward recommendations.
- To have joint school Athletic Coordinators/School Administrators meeting and then report to the Superintendent.
The primary purpose of the Athletic Council is:
- To work toward a unified approach to Athletics.
- To look for ways and means to involve more staff.
- To increase involvement of students.
- To support the concept of morality and fair play in sport.
- To view the athletic program as a gifted program.
- To seek representation of parents and the business community.
- To explore and discover means of funding athletic programs.
- To address coaching as a common problem (community coaching, inexperienced coaching, coaching clinics).
- To review and coordinate bookings of municipal and Thompson Rivers University facilities.
- To give advice to the School District #73 Transportation Account Coordinator.
- To ensure that S.D. #73 Athletic policies and practices are consistently enforced in all our schools.
Click on the title above to view the West Zone Athletic Constitution
Walt Kirschner (South Kamloops)
Bill Hamblett (Assistant Superintendent)
Marie Giesbrecht (Clearwater)
Ryan Porter (Westsyde)
Anne Marie Watts (Valleyview)
Sean Smith (City of Kamloops)
Greg Gartrell (Valleyview)
Mary Bartucci (Sa-Hali)
Corey Yamaoka (South Kamloops)
Bryan Uyeda (Norkam)