WVS Studio Policies
· Students will enroll on a semester basis. Semester options are as follows:
___ 1 semester - 10 lessons
___Full year commitment (Fall, Winter, Spring) with discount
· Extended lesson times are also available upon request.
· A $20 registration fee will be charged each year.
· Students will be required to pay a performance/accompanist fee for each recital performance. This fee will be non-refundable. Students who require an accompanist outside of the recital and rehearsal preceding a recital may be charged additional fees. Fees eligible to change by semester as deemed necessary. Other performance fees such as NATS auditions or PMTA festivals will be in addition to this fee.
· Tuition can be paid in full each semester or in two installments at the first lesson and the fifth lesson. Fees must be paid up front and are non-refundable. All late payments will be charged a $25 late fee. Students who choose to break a semester or yearlong contract are subject to cancellation fees.
· Students will be expected to keep a music account funded with a minimum of $25 to be used for sighting singing, music theory and vocal literature materials. I will do my absolute best to keep costs as low as possible. A $3 copy fee will be deduced from this fund each semester.
· Cash, check or credit card (via paypal) are accepted. A 6% fee applies to all credit card charges if not submitted via “Friends and Family.”
· Regular and punctual attendance is expected. Students will be charged for all scheduled lessons. Each semester will have 10 regular weeks followed by one make up week. Make up lessons will ONLY be scheduled during this last week and you are limited to 2 per semester. A one hour cancellation notice is required or the lesson will be forfeited (though earlier notification is greatly appreciated)
· Students are encouraged to put in 20-30 minutes of practice time five days a week. Consistent and effective practice is essential to a student’s growth and development.
· Students are expected to check the website regularly for updates. The calendar will be regularly updated with all lesson and performance dates.
· While I greatly appreciate parent support, most students learn best without parental observation as students tend to be inhibited in front of parents. To accommodate this, we ask that parents refrain from sitting in on sessions.
· You are welcome to come in and sit in the waiting area 5 minutes prior to your lesson time. Please refrain from coming earlier if at all possible, as this can be a distraction to the student before you.
· Students should bring a notebook, water bottle and recording device to each lesson.
· All students must have an email on file which will be used extensively for communication. If the student is under 18, a parent email is also required.
· Various performance opportunities are available throughout the year. Participation is encouraged, but optional. Songs performed in recital are performed by memory and must be approved in advance by the instructor. Recital dress and professional etiquette will be required and specified by the instructor.