Wendy S. Parker
Associate Professor of Philosophy
Durham University, UK
Co-Editor-in-Chief, British Journal for the Philosophy of Science (with Steven French)
Associate Director, Centre for Humanities Engaging Science and Society (CHESS)
Philosophy of science: modeling & computer simulation / evidence / data and measurement / values in science / science & policy
Philosophy of climate science: ensemble modeling / explanatory practices / uncertainty assessment / theoretical foundations
Some recent articles
- Katzav, J. and W.S. Parker 2018. Issues in the Theoretical Foundations of Climate Science. Studies in History & Philosophy of Modern Physics.
- Parker, W.S. 2018. Climate Science. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy. Summer 2018 Edition.
- Parker, W.S. and E. Winsberg 2018. Values and evidence: How models make a difference. European Journal for Philosophy of Science 8(1): 125-142.
- Parker, W.S. 2017. Computer simulation, measurement and data assimilation. British Journal for the Philosophy of Science 68(1): 273-304.
- Parker, W.S. 2016. Reanalyses and Observations: What's the Difference? Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society 97(9): 1565-1572.
- Parker, W.S. and J.S. Risbey 2015. False precision, surprise and improved uncertainty assessment. Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A 373(2055): 20140453.