Victor M. Preciado is the Raj and Neera Singh Assistant Professor of Electrical and Systems Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania, where he is affiliated with the Networked & Social Systems Engineering program and the Warren Center for Network & Data Sciences. He received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT and has also been a visiting scientist at UC Berkeley and Santa Fe Institute.
His main research interests lie in the modeling, analysis, and control of large-scale complex dynamical networks, with applications in social networks, technological infrastructure, and biological systems.
Note to prospective students: If you are interested in joining my research program as a student or postdoc, please send me an email with your resume.
E-mail: preciado [at] seas [dot] upenn [dot] edu
- Invited seminar at Duke, Fall 2014
- Invited seminar at UC Santa Barbara, Fall 2014
- Invited seminar at UC San Diego, Fall 2014
- Organizing a session on Social and Economic Networks at IFORS '14
- Invited seminar at UC Berkeley, Spring 2013
- Invited seminar at UCLA, Spring 2013
- Invited seminar at UIUC, Spring 2013
- Member of the IEEE Control Systems Society Conference Editorial Board
- TCM for the IEEE Symposium on Emerging Challenges in Network Sensing, Inference, and Communication
- TCM for the IEEE Symposium on Network Theory
- ICERM Semidefinite Programming and Graph Algorithms, Providence, Feb 10-14, 2014
- Conference on Information Sciences and Systems, Princeton, March 19-21, 2014
- SIAM Conference on Data Mining, Philadelphia, Apr 24-26
- IEEE American Control Conference, Portland, June 4-6, 2013
- SIAM Workshop on Network Science, Chicago, July 6-7, 2014
- 2014 SIAM Annual Meeting, Chicago, July 7-11, 2014
- IFORS, Barcelona, July 13-18, 2014
- KDD, NYC, August, 2014 (due on Feb 2014)
- More coming in 2014: ICERM Spectral Graph Theory, ICERM Stochastic Graph Models, SIAM Network Science, NetSci, WIDS, ...