Victor M. Preciado is the Raj and Neera Singh Assistant Professor of Electrical and Systems Engineering at the University of Pennsylvania, where he is affiliated with the Networked & Social Systems Engineering program and the Warren Center for Network & Data Sciences. He received his Ph.D. degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science from MIT. He has also been a visiting scientist at UC Berkeley and Santa Fe Institute .
His main research interests lie in the modeling, analysis, control, and optimization of large-scale complex dynamic networks and infrastructures, with applications in socio-technical networks, technological infrastructure, and biological systems.
E-mail: preciado [at] seas [dot] upenn [dot] edu
Office: Levine Hall, 360
| LATEST NEWS & COMING EVENTS:
- Organizing an invited session on Controllability and Design of Networks at CDC'15 (with S. Pequito and G.J. Pappas)
- Invited seminar at MIT, Fall 2015
- Invited seminar at Harvard University, Fall 2015
- Invited seminar at Boston University, Fall 2015
- Invited seminar at Northeastern University, Fall 2015
- General chair of the 5th IFAC Workshop on Distributed Estimation and Control in Networked Systems, Sep 2015
- Teaching high-school students about Engineering Complex Networks at ESAP'15, July 2015
- Invited talk about Controlling Complex Networks at NetSci 2015, June 2015
- Member of IFAC Technical Committee on Networked Systems
- Invited seminar at University of Maryland, Spring 2015
- Invited seminar at the IEEE Philadelphia Section, Spring 2015
- Member of IEEE Technical Committee on Medical and Health Care Systems
- Invited seminar at Yale University, Fall 2014
- Invited seminar at University of Washington, Fall 2014
- Member of IFAC Technical Committee on Social Impact of Automation
- Invited seminar at Princeton University, Fall 2014
- NSF project on Spectral Analysis of Big Data, August 2014
- Organizing the Network Theory Symposium at GlobalSIP'14
| RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
- Spectral Inference of Functional Connectivity in Brain Networks
C. Becker, S. Pequito, D. Bassett, G.J. Pappas, and V.M. Preciado
- Analysis and Control of Epidemics: A Survey
C. Nowzari, V.M. Preciado, and G.J. Pappas.
- Data-Driven Network Allocation for Controlling Spreading Processes
S. Han, V.M. Preciado, C. Nowzari, and G.J. Pappas
IEEE Transactions on Network Science and Engineering, 2015
- Topology Identification of Directed Dynamical Networks via Power Spectral Analysis
S. Shahrampour and V.M. Preciado
IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, 2015.
- Detection and Isolation of Failures in Directed Networks
M.A. Rahimian and V.M. Preciado
IEEE Transactions on Control of Network Systems, 2015.
- Stability of Spreading Processes over Time-Varying Networks
M. Ogura and V.M. Preciado