I am an Assistant Professor at CERGE-EI (a joint workplace of Charles University and Czech Academy of Sciences). My research areas are Industrial Organization, Economic Development, and Political Economy, as well as Applied Econometrics.
- Conflict and Inter-Group Trade: Evidence from the 2014 Russia-Ukraine Crisis [SSRN version], with Alexey Makarin, Revise and Resubmit at American Economic Review
- On Policy Evaluation with Aggregate Time-Series Shocks [arxiv version], with Dmitry Arkhangelsky, submitted
- Detecting Auctioneer Corruption: Evidence from Russian Procurement Auctions, with Pasha Andreyanov and Alec Davidson
- Field Experiment Estimate of Electoral Fraud in Russian Parliamentary Elections, with Ruben Enikolopov, Maria Petrova, Konstantin Sonin, and Alexey Zakharov, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, 2013, 110(2): 448-452.
Selected Work in Progress
- Cartels in Procurement Auctions: Country-wide Evidence from Russia, with Pasha Andreyanov
- Production Networks and War, with Alexey Makarin