The objective of the UF organic gardens is to teach and learn organic gardening principles, the use of non-residual pesticides and natural fertilizers, and how to achieve a natural balance between material put into the garden and material removed. Additionally, the UF Organic Gardens provide a great place to grow your own vegetables and flowers, relax, and meet new people!Quick FAQs
- Garden plots are available to UF students and employees as well as non-UF members of the community.
- Plot rental includes a garden plot plus access to community tools, water, compost, some seeds, and a shared herb garden. Gardeners are required to attend 3 work parties (6 hours total) per 6 month rental.
- Plot Size: 12 x 25 feet (3.7 x 7.6 meters)
- Gardeners can grow any non-woody plant they want except illegal and invasive plants.
- Location: The UF Organic Gardens are located about 1/4 mile south of Archer Road on SW 23rd Terrace
- Plot Rental: $15 for 6 months, plus initial $35 deposit.
- To inquire about plot availability, e-mail our garden plot coordinators Ginny and Dawn at email@example.com, or call Ginny Campbell at (352) 378-6103 or Dawn Beachy at (352)226-5992.
Photos courtesy of Charles Weight of High Springs, FL.