Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure to let everyone know that at ThisreeD, there is very limited cell phone coverage and no internet... however, we are confident your guests will leave with a much better connection!
The landline phones to reach guests at both The Cabin (719-748-6025) and The Lodge (719-748-1143) have unlimited long distance to anywhere in the continental US. Feel free to make as many calls to anywhere in the continental US as you care to. Be sure emergency contacts, business owner contacts, house sitters, pet sitters and baby sitters have these numbers so everyone can stay in touch as necessary. To contact Don or Toni call 719-839-0860.
You and your guests will find a “Quick Start Guide” printed on yellow paper in The Lodge/The Cabin/The Hideaway Apartment. It is very important that all guests take time to read this document, as it will ensure a safer, more successful stay for everyone.
Q:How do I get to TihsreeD?
A: We are located at 965 Pathfinder Road, Florissant, CO. Driving Directions to Tihsreed:
·Highway 24 West to Florissant
·Turn Right onto County Road 31 (the "main" intersection in Florissant)
·Follow County Road 31 for about 1/2 mile
·Turn Right onto County Road 3 (also known as Wildhorn)
·Stay on County Road 3 for a little over 2 miles.
·Turn Right onto Arapahoe Creek (This is a gravel road and there will be a mail box cluster on your left.)
·Arapahoe Creek will lead into Pathfinder Rd. Take Pathfinder Road.
· TihsreeD will be about 1/2 mile down - Third driveway on the left.
· Come all the way up the drive.
Some GPS units will get you all the way to the property but may not have you turn at the drive way. There is a TihsreeD sign at the driveway to assist with this matter.
Q: What are the dimensions of the Reception Barn?
A: Opening of the barn doors when fully open: Height: 90 inches, Width:135.5 inches
Dimensions of The Great Hall (Barn) are: Length: 43.5 feet, Width: 21.5 feet, Total Square Footage is around 1,050.
Height: In the Main Area the it is 8 feet 10 inches; in the new addition (front area it is 7 feet 6 inches), The side area (cubby) is 10 feet by 11 feet 3 inches. The wood beams on the north side of The Great Hall are approximately 12 feet apart. There is also one structural beam in the front middle that stands about 8 feet tall.
Q: How far is TihsreeD from grocery and other stores/restaurants?
A: There are convenience stores and restaurants 3 miles away, a small grocer and other shops 10 miles away in Divide, and a full service grocery store plus many other familiar retailers and restaurants 15 miles away in Woodland Park.
Q: How much is the deposit to reserve a room/the resort, when is it due, and is it refundable?
A: The deposit is 50% of the total fee to book plus a $500 damage deposit. It is due when you want us to block out the dates and guarantee your reservation. Our attractive rental price has created great interest and booking is brisk. It is advisable to confirm your reservation as early as possible. You will get a 100% refund of your deposit for cancellations made 45 days in advance of your stay. Cancellations made less than 45 days before the reservation may result in forfeiting the deposit. The damage deposit will be returned after a final walk-through after your rental.
Q: What constitutes "damage" and a forfeiture of the Damage Deposit?
A: TihsreeD Lodge is a luxury rental that is nicely appointed. We strive to maintain the Lodge in great condition so all of our guests can enjoy the beauty and magic of their Colorado adventure. We understand the normal wear and tear is to be expected, however there are certain items that will result in an automatic forfeiture of the Damage Deposit. These include but are not limited to:
- Riding and/or driving any vehicle on the property where is it not intended. Specifically all vehicles must remain on either the driveway or the path. TihsreeD Lodge is part of the Colorado State Forestry program and as such we must follow strict rules set our by the Forestry Service - staying on designated paths is a must for all vehicles.
- Wearing outdoor shoes inside the Lodge. The majority of Lodge is hardwood floors and there is a tremendous amount of decomposing granite throughout the property, tracking granite can produce disastrous results.
- Smoking inside the Lodge - enough said.
- Allowing pets or animals inside The Lodge. See Pet Policy Below.
Q: What is your pet policy?
A: No pets of any kind are allowed in The Lodge. If you choose to bring pets you must notify us in advance and follow these rules:
One (1) pet is allowed in The Apartment; it must be kenneled when not attended.
Two (2) pets are allowed in The Cabin; however pets must be properly socialized and not cause disruptions. They must be kenneled when not attended. All pet waste must be properly picked up and disposed of - we request that you respect our property and pick up after your pet. Do NOT use "people" dishes from TihsreeD for feeding or watering your pet.
When outside your pet must be attended and watched, both for its safety and the safety of others. When your pet is unattended it must be properly kenneled. We do have two barn cats the roam the property, these are working cats. Your pet must be properly socialized so that it will not harass the barn cats.
Q: How do we pay for our rental? Do you accept checks or credit cards?
A: Since Tihsreed is also our home and we have no other rental properties we currently do not accept credit cards, we do accept checks however.
Q: Is there tax associated with my rental?
A: Yes, a 3.9 percent sales lodging tax will be added to the reservation. This tax will be outlined in your Booking Confirmation.
Q: How many people can stay at one time?
A: Tihsreed is a luxury rental. The house is very spacious and many, many people can occupy it at one time. It is ideal for large weddings. However, it is not designed for, or intended to accommodate, more than 42 overnight guests (18 at The Lodge, 18 at The Cabin, 6 at The Apartment). Water usage issues and simple wear and tear require us to limit overnight numbers.
Q: Are the hot tubs available all year round?
A: Yes, the hot tubs are available all year round. We usually keep the temperature set at 103 to 104. When you are not using the hot tub please be sure to keep the cover on; it helps keep it clean and enjoyable for all. Also, the hot tub is cleaned and maintained on a weekly basis, however should you need to add chemicals, they are available near the hot tub.
Q: Is there internet available?
A: TihsreeD is located in the Rocky Mountains. We are not sited in an area well covered by cell towers or satellite. At TihsreeD, you do not have internet, but you will find your connection to be much better! The Florissant Library which is approximately 3 miles away has wireless internet available, as do many local restaurants.
Q: Is there cell phone coverage at TihsreeD Lodge?
A: Verizon seems to be the best at this location. Other carriers may not have a good signal. There are house phones that can be used for both incoming and outgoing calls. We have arranged to have no fee long distance inside the continental US at The Lodge guest phone (719-748-1143) and The Cabin guest phone (719-748-6025). Share these numbers with your family and friends. Feel free to make call across the US. To contact Don or Toni, call 719-839-0860.
Q: Are there day of event rules at TihsreeD Lodge?
A: Our desire is to assist with the creation of lifelong memories while protecting our investment and your safety. Below you will find information to help make the celebration the best it can be.
• Please mind your children. Adults will be talking, drinking, and interacting. There may be little to entertain your children. Bored, unattended children cause damage and get hurt. Cars will be moving about the parking areas and it is dangerous for children to be in this area.
• Valet parking is REQUIRED. The staff at TihsreeD will need cars to be unlocked and keys placed on the front seat by noon on the day of the wedding. This allows us to valet park cars before day-of-event guests arrive. Please do not go up the hill to your car after we have parked it. We are happy to retrieve your car, or anything you need from the car. These are fire marshal, county and insurance restrictions placed on our venue.
• All alcohol must be dispensed by our bartender on the day of event. Our bartender provides water to guests as well as their drinks. Your “not for general consumption” bottles will be put aside by the bartender until requested by you. Absolutely NO ONE is allowed to go to their automobiles for alcohol during an event. Please take all day of event drinks, mixers, alcohol, cups, kegs, etc. to the cantina for our bartender. Consuming alcohol during the reception that was not poured by our bartender voids your host’s insurance policy and puts them at risk of a lawsuit.
• The bathroom in the apartment is off limits during the reception. We provide new, clean port-o-potties for guests to use during the reception. Access to the apartment toilet during the reception will result in forfeiture of security deposit.
• Bathrooms in the cabin and lodge are for overnight guests only. Due to pressure on the wells and septic system ONLY overnight guests at the lodge (maximum of 18) and the cabin (maximum of 18) are to use the showers, tubs, toilets, etc. in the lodge and cabin. We provide new, clean port-o-potties for guest use during reception.
• All dishes in the homes are to stay in the homes. If you plan a potluck, you will need to bring dishes for this event and/or use only the “loaner” items for the barn. Ask Toni (919-624-7641) or Don (719-839-0860) for these loaner items.
• If your hosts have chosen to use The Lodge Patio for a cocktail hour, the house will be locked during this time. Plan to take your jacket/sweater/camera/purse/diaper bag to the reception hall during this time as there will be no access to the house for the 1-1.5 hours of the cocktail time.
Q: Does GPS work to find TihsreeD Lodge?
A: Yes; however the address of 965 Pathfinder Road is a 50 acre parcel. We recommend using the written directions supplied in the Welcome Letter or posted above to arrive at TihsreeD. There is also a sign at the bottom of the driveway for TihsreeD.
Q: Your website indicates that all items in the Lodge are for sale/purchase; what does that mean?
A: We enjoy decorating and appointing the house with fun and unique items. When we first started our rental venture we were asked on several occasions by our guests if certain items could be purchased. So, we realized that our guests like to take home souvenirs from their visit to TihsreeD and therefore all, or it not all, most items are for sale and are marked with a price.
Q: What kinds of food and extras should I bring?
A: You will want to plan your meals and shop accordingly. Feel free to use the spices and incidentals you need from our kitchen; we only ask that if you empty an item, you replace it. This means common kitchen necessities should be available to you at no cost (salt, pepper, paper towels, some sugar, flour, general spices, etc.). Other items such as soaps, laundry detergent, shampoos, hair dryers, iron and ironing board, tissue paper are available for your use as well. Of course, if you have particular needs, you will want to remember to pack those favorite items on your own.
Q: What kitchen items are available for preparing meals?
A: A large selection of high quality cookware is available for your use: a large stock pot, skillets, muffin pan, cookie sheet, many sauce pans, etc. Other helpful items include blender, toaster, hand mixer, wine opener, crock pot, extra large mixing/salad bowl, knife set, manual can opener.
Q: What is the process for disposing of our garbage?
A: All items that can be recycled should be recycled. These items include paper, glass, metal, aluminum, cardboard, etc. All of these items should be separated and placed in the green recycle bin. General waste and other trash should also be placed in plastic bags on driveway for removal. All food scraps, vegtable peelings, bones, etc. should be put in the covered metal pail on the porch for us to remove. Failure to separate trash will result in a waste removal fee.
Q: Should we bring bottled water?
A: No! At TihsreeD we have delicious, clean, healthful mountain water from right out of the tap. Save your money, save the environmental cost of trucking water and save the recycling of plastic bottles. Don't bother with bottled water. Enjoy the free mountain water from the tap.
Q: What are the fireplace and wood stove arrangements and do I need to bring my own fire wood?
A: Inside the houses there are fireplaces or wood burning stoves. These units provide a great heat source for houses; rest assured however, that there is also gas heat should your fire run low. The instructions for use of both the fire place and the wood burners are highlighted in your welcome packet. There will be plenty of wood stacked and ready for your use; there is no need to bring your own. The outdoor fireplace provides a great place to relax and enjoy some quiet time. As with many mountain areas, there are times during the year when outdoor fires may not be allowed. We suggest checking with the local Florissant fire department before lighting a fire outside.
Q: Are there any items that need to be addressed before departure?
A: Place used towels or other items in the laundry room on the lower level. Food items that you will not be taking with you should be left in the fridge or freezer. Place remaining dirty dishes in the dishwasher and turn on. When leaving the property, please make sure that all lights are turned off. We will take care of the rest.
We enjoy building ongoing relationships with our clients and love to have repeat guests. We do all that we can to accommodate for situations that arise. Your pleasant vacation experience is our first goal. Good communication allows us to better serve you. Some information we usually email to guests is posted below:
There are lots of fun things to do in Colorado and TihsreeD is very central to all the fun. Some activities that our guests enjoy may require some advance planning. If you and your group plan to rent ATVs/snowmobiles, go horseback riding, ride the Cog Railway up Pikes Peak, go rafting, ballooning, helicoptering, or skiing you should call the provider and line up your adventure before you leave home.
Helpful Contact Info:
· Big D Motorsports 180 State Hwy 67 Unit A, Woodland Park, CO, (719) 687-7228
· Cog Railway Reservations (719) 685-5401 or 1-800-745-3773
· Noah’s Ark Rafting 23910 US-285, Buena Vista, CO 81211 (719) 395-2158
· MLazyC Ranch for horseback riding, 801 Co Rd 453, Lake George, CO 80827
Many of our guests hire a photographer for family photos while at the lodge. There are many lovely backdrops for family portraits both inside and outside. If photos are on your list of things you want to do, begin deciding on clothing colors and book your photographer now. A few local photographers you may want to consider are:
·Marcie Runnells, email@example.com
·High Altitude Photography, www.highaltitudeweddings.com, when you book this couple you get two photographers for the price of one! 720-515-5560
For guests who will be flying in and renting a car be sure to check car rental rates at different outlets. Sometimes it is much less expensive to rent a car from rental sites away from the airport.
For the anglers in the group there are some wonderful fishing guides in our area. We recommend:
· The Peak Fly Shop, 301 Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO 80863, (719) 687-9122
· South Platte Fly Shop, 405 E Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO, (719) 686 8990.
The local museum is free and full of wonderful exhibits you will be delighted to explore. You will learn about the valuable gemstones that work their way to the surface all around Teller County. Native American Tribes lived here for many hundreds of years; see their clothing, lifestyles and battle grounds. Learn about the ‘rickety stage coach’ that traveled back and forth to Cripple Creek with its cargo of beer during the gold rush days and about the Midland Railroad.
The Trading Post has art and handicrafts from local artisans. Use the links below to learn about upcoming regional events:
In case anyone in your group has medical issues or will require medications, our local hospital is Pikes Peak Regional Hospital. It is on Hwy 24, about 17 miles from the Lodge. It is a small hospital, but capable of handling most medical issues that might come up. Our local chain pharmacies are Walgreens, Walmart, and pharmacies in the City Market and Safeway grocery stores in Woodland Park.
If you prefer a more natural means of treating your symptoms, you will enjoy visiting Tymekeeper, our local herbalist. Mari Marques has all the herbal remedies, teas and oils you might want. She frequently writes for the local paper and conducts classes on medicine from your kitchen and ‘salad walks’. She is located in Florissant at 1870 County Road 31. 719-696-9593 https://www.facebook.com/mari.marques.351?fref=ts
If you are planning to golf, clubs are available for rent at Shining Mountain Golf Course in Woodland Park, 100 Shining Mountain Lane, Woodland Park, CO 80863, (719) 687-7587 www.shiningmountaingolf.com
One additional thing that draws visitors to Colorado is the legal marijuana. While we do not allow any smoking in the Lodge, we know legal marijuana is on the 'to do' list of some of our guests. We have a link to FAQs and helpful answers below.
We have a crockpot, toaster, mixer, coffee maker, and plenty of cookware and bakeware. We try to keep some coffee filters, salt, pepper, flour and sugar on hand for your use. There are several grocery stores in Woodland Park you will pass on your way to the lodge. The best selection and prices can be found at one of these stores:
· Walmart- 19600 Hwy 24, Woodland Park, CO, 80863, 719-687-1065
· Safeway-1101 Hwy 24, Woodland Park, CO, 719-686-1836
· City Market-777 Gold Hill Place South, Woodland Park, CO 80863 719-687-359
Should you plan on fishing, a one day license is $9 and can be purchased at many local convenience stores. This link to Colorado Parks and Wildlife site may be helpful:
While you are in the area, try the following restaurants… some are fun and quirky, some are just excellent places to eat:
- $$ Iron Tree Comfort Food and Bakery – Breakfast and lunch, with dinner pizzas on Friday nights. At the intersection of HWY 24 and Teller 1 & 3 in Florissant, (719) 684-4937
- $ Russ's Place (12 miles) Want something casual and yummy? Try Russ's Place in Divide. Bar food, with an extra special touch, in a family friendly atmosphere be sure to find time to stop by and experience the local's favorite. Try the black bean buger and the homemade slaw!
- $$ The Southern Lilly, a family-owned and operated restaurant, serving up Southern comfort food in an elegant, but comfortable and friendly environment. 727 Gold Hill Place, Woodland Park, CO 80863, 719-896-1053
- $ (3 miles) Thunderbird Inn – You can have anything you want to eat at this colorful local bar, as long as it is a burger! 17801 Teller County Rd 1 Florissant, (719) 748-3968
- $$ Costello Street Coffee House – serves fantastic breakfast and sandwich lunches, at the intersection of HWY24 and Teller 1 (719)748-3567
- $$ (12 miles) Mc Ginty’s Wood Oven Pub in Divide- Irish themed with delicious modern twist to familiar standards. 11115 Hwy 24, Divide, CO 80814, (719) 686-7703
- $$$ (32 miles) The Steakhouse at Bronco Billy’s Casino in Cripple Creek- 233 East Bennett Ave., 719-689-2909 Great steak dinners. Reservations are strongly recommended, and are taken up to three months in advance. The Steakhouse has been lauded as one of the best steakhouses in Southern Colorado, and is truly a hidden gem.
If you plan to go to Cripple Creek for gaming, ask for a Bronco Billy's MVP cards preloaded with $10 at the MVP desk. Saturday nights at Bronco Billy’s are extra fun. Free hors d'oeuvres, drinks and live music upstairs.
Liquor stores on the way:
· Florissant Log Cabin Liquor, 2839 Highway 24, Florissant, 719-748-8080
· Gold Hills Wine & Liquor (near City Market), 797 Gold Hill Place South, Woodland Park, 719-687-9149
· Banana Belt Discount Liquor, www.bananabeltliquors.com, 300 Highway 24, Woodland Park, 719-687-9757
· Paradise Spirit, 1099 Highway 24, Woodland Park, 719-687-4256
Remember you do not need to pack soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, lotion, salt, pepper, paper towels, tissue, or extra blankets. We supply all of these. Please be easy on the environment and do not buy bottled water to drink. We are blessed with fabulous spring water as good or better than any bottled water you might purchase.
A quick check of the 10 day weather forecast will help you know what to expect weather-wise. Keep in mind that we are located in a mountain/desert environment. That means the sunshine is intense and the low humidity causes nighttime temperatures to drop dramatically. Be sure to bring a sweatshirt or ask us about purchasing one of our TihsreeD Lodge hoodies. This link might be helpful for your weather planning: http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Florissant+CO+80816:4:US
At certain times of the year, any outdoor source of flame could be banned. This might include smoking outdoors, gas or charcoal grills and more. A quick place to check the current burn restrictions (if there are any) is: http://www.co.teller.co.us/
Finally, we want you to stay safe, and not get caught in our local "speed trap". Keep in mind that the police patrol Hwy 24 heavily for speeders. Take your time and enjoy the lovely scenery as you drive.
Drive safely and let us know if we can be of help as you finalize your plans.