Dinh-Thuan Do, Ph.D.
Dept. Chair, Dept. of Computer Networks and Data Communications
School of Computing and Information Technology (CIT)
Eastern International University, Vietnam
Head, WICOM Lab
- Other IDs
Wireless Communications Research Group, Vietnam
1. Editor of Computer Communications - Elsevier (SCIE)
2. Associate Editor of EURASIP Journal on Wireless Communications and Networking - Springer (SCIE).
3. Editor of KSII Transactions on Internet and Information Systems (SCIE)
Dr. Dinh-Thuan Do (in Vietnamese: Đỗ Đình Thuấn) was born in Tuy Hoa City, Vietnam, on July 5th, 1980. He received B.Sc. degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical Engineering from the Vietnam National University -Ho Chi Minh City (VNU-HCM) in 2003, 2007, and 2012 respectively. He was a visiting Ph.D. student at the Wireless Communications Lab (National Tsing Hua University - NTHU, ranked 2nd in Taiwan), Hsinchu City, Taiwan (2009-2010).
Prior to joining academia, he worked in the telecommunications industry as senior engineer at VinaPhone Mobile Network (VNPT) (2003-2009).
He was a chair of Communications Engineering Department, Ton Duc Thang University, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam (2011-2013). He has been awarded as excellent young researcher at Ton Duc Thang University in several years. Then, he was a founder and he established a research group in field of wireless communications. He has advised numerous Ph.D. students in PhD sandwich program between Ton Duc Thang University and Technical University of Ostrava (VSB), Czech Republic since 2015. He is currently with Department Chair of Computer Networks and Data Communications, School of Computing and Information Technology, Eastern International University. He is also an Assistant Professor at the Wireless Communications & Signal Processing Lab (WICOM LAB).
Dr. Thuan was the recipient of the 2015 Golden Globe Award by Ministry of Science and Technology (top 10 excellent young scientists). He got Medal of Creative Young Talents in 2015.
He was invited as TPC member in IEEE flagship conferences such as GLOBECOM, ICC, WCNC. He also serves as Associate Editor of Journal of Communications (SCOPUS), Bulletin of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (SCOPUS), International Journal of Computer Networks & Communications (SCOPUS).
Joining to academic since 2010, my research topics lie in interesting emerging paradigms. Particularly, I conducted technical revolutions in wireless communications from 3G to 5G/6G cellular networks. As focusing on technical problems in wireless communications, we now face several main requirements, i.e. massive connections, extended coverage, physical layer security, small cell, heterogeneous network, massive antennas system, IoT. My research group was launched to pursue these cutting-edge technologies. With regard to teaching and service, I advise to help our students become professionals who be ready to tackle these challenges.
His major research interests are:
- Device-to-device networks
- Heterogeneous networks
- Massive MIMO, Cooperative MIMO communications
- mmWave communication networks
- Energy harvesting
- Full-duplex communications
- Cognitive radio
- Non-orthogonal multiple access (NOMA)
- Secure PHY
- UAV networks
- Visible Light Communication
- IoT system
- Creative Young Medal by The Ho Chi Minh Communist Youth Union, 2015
- Golden Globe Award by Ministry of Science and Technology, 2015
- Excellent Young Scientist Award by President of Ton Duc Thang University, 2012, 2013
- Excellent Lecturer Award, 2012
- 2010: Recipient of Graduate Scholarship Program, TU Graz, Austria
- 2009: Recipient of ITRI Graduate Scholarship Program, TAIWAN
- Outstanding Staff Award by VinaPhone Company, 2008
- 1st Prize Technical Innovation Contest by VinaPhone Company, 2007, 2008, 2009
- Ranked 2nd in graduating class, 2003
- Good performance student Award by PhuYen Youth Union, 2001, 2002, 2003
- Outstanding performance student Award by Vietnam Youth Union, 2002
- Provincial Excellent Pupil Award in Mathematics, 1990, 1995, 1997
- 2008-2012: Ph.D., Wireless Communications Engineering, VNU-HCMC
- 2009-2010: Visiting Ph.D. student, National Tsing Hua University (NTHU), Taiwan.
- 2005-2007: M. Eng., Electronics and Telecoms Engineering, HCMUT
- 1998-2003: B. Eng., Electronics and Telecoms Engineering, UTC
- 1989-1998: Luong Van Chanh High School for the Gifted, PHU YEN, Vietnam (Mathematics)
- June 21st to July 2nd in 2008, he was a participant of The Digital Signal processing Summer Seminar 2008 organized by the prestigious professors from U.S.'s universities
-Short training course by ERICSSON, Malaysia, 2007.
1. Viet Nam Telecoms National Company (Now www.vnptnet.vn)
Operation and Maintenance Engineer from October 2003 - to 2005
Engineer, in charge of Operation and Maintenance for core network in cellular network provider from December 2005 - to 2009