Associate Professor of Economics
and International Affairs
The George Washington University
The George Washington University
2115 G Street NW
Monroe Hall #340
Washington, DC 20052
Office Location: Monroe Hall #314 (2115 G Street NW, 3rd Floor)
EconPapers Google Scholar SSRN
- 06/19/16: I will be returning to GW in the fall teaching two undergraduate courses and serving as PhD Unit 1 advisor.
- 11/27/15: I am pleased to announce that I will be visiting the department of economics at the University of Texas at Austin for the spring 2016 semester.
- 3/29/15: I am honored to announce that I am the inaugural winner of the Columbian Prize from the Columbian College of Arts and Sciences of The George Washington University. This award honors faculty members who demonstrate excellence in the teaching and mentoring of advanced undergraduate students. I love working with our students and am so touched that they nominated me for this award.
- 9/25/14: Some of my research joint with my colleagues Herman Stekler and Fred Joutz was included in Why Experts Missed the Recession by Jeff Madrick in the New York Review of Books.
- 9/8/14: In addition to my role as an associate professor at GW, I am now also Chief Economist at Indeed.com!
- 7/15/14: Check out the latest Indeed Hiring Lab Report: Where People Search for Jobs: Cross-Border Labor Mobility Report.
- 3/18/14: Check out the first Indeed Hiring Lab Report: What Job Seekers Want: Occupation Satisfaction & Desirability Report.
- 3/17/14: Herman Stekler and I were cited in an article in the German newspaper, the Handelsblatt, regarding a forecasting competition in Germany for 2013. The competition inspired our research paper, "Evaluating Forecasts of a Vector of Variables: A German Forecasting Competition," that I presented in a poster session at the BOE, EABCN, and CAMA conference on Judgement and Combination in Forecasting and Policy Models, in London. Poster here.
- 1/8/14: More of my thoughts on Janet Yellen as Fed chair in this week's GW Today.
- 12/29/13: I'm excited to announce that I will be speaking at this spring's ERE Recruiting Conference in San Diego.
- 12/29/13: Check out this link to a podcast with Simon van Norden about my research on Chinese data revisions.
- 10/14/13: Here's a link to an updated Q&A I did about the debt ceiling for GW Today.
- 10/10/13: Here's my latest IIEP Blog Post (co-authored with Amy Guisinger): Janet Yellen leading the Fed – the Perspective of Two Female Economists
- 9/23/13: How Well Does “Core” Inflation Capture Permanent Price Changes? with Michael Bradley and Dennis Jansen, is now forthcoming in Macroeconomic Dynamics.
I am now working with Indeed, the #1 job site worldwide with more than 100 million people each month
searching for jobs, posting resumes, and researching companies on
Indeed.com in more than 50 countries and 26 languages.
I will be presenting Characteristics and Implications of Chinese Macroeconomic Data Revisions at the January 2014 AEA meetings in the Data Revisions and Macroeconomic Analysis section organized by Dean Croushore.
Here are my slides for my presentation "(U.S.) Macroeconomic Data in Real Time" at the Weidenbaum Center Media Retreat in Cape Cod, MA.
- 4/26/13: New version of our paper is now posted: Evaluating a Vector of the Fed's Forecasts with
Stekler and Warren Carnow.
- 4/26/13: New version of our paper is now posted: How
Well Does “Core” Inflation Capture Permanent Price Changes? with Michael
Bradley and Dennis Jansen.
- 4/10/13: I was cited in an article about budget predictions in the National Journal.
- 4/3/13: RegBlog wrote a post about a paper I wrote with Kathryn Vesey White, Regulation, Jobs, and Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis.
- 3/13/13: Here is the latest PolitiFact story that I was a source for: Has government regulation slowed the recovery? My comments built on some of my research with Kathryn Vesey White, Regulation, Jobs, and Economic Growth: An Empirical Analysis.
- 3/7/13: Here is my latest GW Regulatory Studies Center Commentary: The Unintended Consequences of Revolving Door Regulations. Co-authored with my friend and former classmate, Marc Law.
- 1/25/13: I am now a research associate at the Center for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis (CAMA)! I am part of the Model Uncertainty and Macro-Econometrics Program. You can view my CAMA profile here.
- 1/20/13: Welcome to my new website! It is still a work in progress plus there is some information that needs to be updated. I'll be working on it for the next couple of weeks. Please email me if you are looking for a paper that isn't up yet.
- 1/20/13: I am now occasionally blogging for the Huffington Post. Here's my first blog post for them:
Here are my slides from the Weidenbaum
Center Media Retreat in Cape Cod, MA: Macroeconomic
Data in Real Time.
out my first
post for the Institute for International Economic Policy Blog.
is video and the slides
from the session I was in at the G2 at GW Conference.
9/1/11: My title
has changed: I am now an Associate Professor of Economics and International