I am a Postdoctoral Research Associate in Computer Science and Engineering at the University of Washington. I am working with Dr. Sidd Srinivasa at the Personal Robotics Lab. I am working on food manipulation in the context of assistive feeding tasks.
I did my Ph.D in Robotics at the Institute of Robotics and Intelligent Machines (IRIM) at Georgia Tech. I worked with Dr. Charlie Kemp at the Healthcare Robotics Lab. My work also hugely benefited from interactions with Dr. Jim Rehg, Dr. Henrik Christensen, Dr. Karen Liu, and Dr. Lena Ting. My Ph.D dissertation was on rapid haptic perception using force and thermal sensing. During my Ph.D, I did multiple internships with Disney Research, Los Angeles where I worked with Dr. Günter Niemeyer on developing bio-inspired control strategies for effective human-robot interaction.
Before starting my Ph.D, I worked as a Visiting Scientist at the Interaction and Robotics Research Center in Korea Institute of Science and Technology (KIST), in Seoul, South-Korea. My work there focused on control design for human-like reaching movements using redundancy in robot arm-trunk and hand-arm systems. I did my M.S at the Robotics and Simulation Lab in Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST) in Daejeon, South-Korea. During my M.S, I worked on the analysis of stability and performance of teleoperation systems in surgical applications.
Before my masters, I worked in TAL Manufacturing Solutions Ltd. (A TATA Motors subsidiary) on the design of an industrial pick-and-place robot and on providing robotic and factory-automation solutions for automotive applications. I did my B. Tech at the National Institute of Technology in Calicut, India (NIT-Calicut).
- Our paper on 'Towards Robotic Feeding: Role of Haptics in Fork-based Food Manipulation' was accepted to RA-L 2019
- Our demonstration on Autonomous Robotic Feeding won the Best Demo Award at NeurIPS 2018
- Our paper on 'Transfer depends on Acquisition: Analyzing Manipulation Strategies for Robotic Feeding' was accepted to HRI 2019
- Was invited to be Associate Editor, ICRA 2019
- Was invited to give a talk at WPI's Robotics Colloquium as a part of STEM Faculty Launch Program 2018
- Co-organizing UW's Robotics Colloquium Series
- Was awarded the Postdoc Research Grant at UW-CSE