We offer a variety of classes for adults from college aged to senior citizens.
They are available at both 9:00a and 10:45a
Come one Sunday morning and see what we're all about!
Men's and Women's Bible Study
Prayer Group -Thursday's at 10:00 a.m.
Intercessory Prayer-Saturday's at 10:00 a.m.
- Golden Friends is a ministry that Summerdean Church of the Brethren provides to the senior citizens within our church and our community.
- Our mission is to reach the lost, hurting and lonely.
- Members are not only from Summerdean, but from around the entire Roanoke Valley.
- We provide a time of Christian fellowship and spiritual enlightenment for those who attend.
- Meetings begin with a devotion and prayer followed by an educational activity and/or some form of entertainment.
- At each meeting a home cooked meal is provided.
- During the months of July and October we go on a Spring and Fall excursion respectively.
- We meet the third Thursday of every month except for January, February and December in Summerdean's Fellowship Hall.
- Cost for this ministry is currently $5.00 per person.
- For more information please contact our Presidents Gilbert and Vada Henshaw at email@example.com or Richard and Harriet Rader at firstname.lastname@example.org
Each year the men of the church treat the ladies of the church to an enjoyable evening of dinner and entertainment. Its a wonderful time for the ladies to sit back and relax as the men serve them.
Adult Christmas Dinner
Every year the adults of the church get together near Christmas to enjoy a catered meal, each other's company, entertainment, and to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Don't worry about the kids, as childcare is provided.