I completed my PhD from the ECE Department of Texas A&M University, where I was advised by Prof. Alex Sprintson. My PhD research was broadly in the area of coding for distributed storage focussing on the aspects of locality, availability, and security. My research interests are in the areas of algebraic coding theory, information theoretic security, network coding, and compressive sensing.
Before starting my PhD, I worked as a researcher at the Innovation Labs of TATA Consultancy Services, Bangalore. There I worked on the research theme "Error Control Coding for Futuristic Communications and Storage". Predominantly, I worked on incorporating Network Coding techniques and LDPC codes for erasure correction in distributed storage. I also worked a bit in Compressive Sensing and its application as an error/erasure control coding scheme.
I obtained my master's degree from the Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur in Electrical Engineering Department with Signal Processing, Communications and Networking as a major in July 2009. I worked on "Multi-antenna Broadcast Channels with Limited Feedback" under the guidance of Prof. A. K. Chaturvedi.
- (Sep 2018) Paper got accepted in Allerton 2018
- (May 2018) Papers got accepted in ISIT 2018
- (Apr 2018) Attended workshop on Coding and Information Theory at CMSA, Harvard
- (Mar 2018) Presented our work on binary codes with availability at AMS Sectional Meeting 2018
- (Feb 2018) Presented our work on rank and subspace locality at ITA 2018
- (Jan 2018) Started postdoc at UC, Berkeley
- (Sep 2017) Papers got accepted in 'Allerton 2017'
- (Apr 2017) Papers got accepted in 'ISIT 2017'
- (Jan 2017) Received an invitation to give a graduation day talk at 'ITA 2017'
- (Sep 2016) Presented paper at 'Allerton 2016'
- (July 2016) Presented paper at 'ISIT 2016' at UPF, Barcelona, Spain
- (Jun 2016) Attended 'North American School of Information Theory' at Duke University
- (Jun 2016) Attended 'Algorithmic Coding Theory' workshop at Brown University
- (Apr 2016) Paper on Codes with Unequal Locality got accepted in ISIT
- (Feb 2016) Attended amazing series of workshops at Institute of Henry Poincare Paris, France "Nexus 2016"
- (Jan 2016) Paper uploaded on ArXiv (Codes with Unequal Locality)
- (Dec 2015) Attended excellent DIMACS workshop on "Network Coding: the Next 15 Years"
- (Oct 2015) Paper in Allerton
- (Sep 2015) Got invitation to attend Banff Workshop on Mathematical Coding Theory for Multimedia Streaming
- (Apr 2015) Papers accepted in ISIT
- (Jan 2015) Paper accepted in ITW
- (Dec 2014) Abstract got selected for Joint Math Meeting 2015 to be held at San Antonio
- (Oct 2014) Giving a seminar in TAMU ISS Seminar series ("Coding for the Clouds: An Overview of Novel Erasure Codes for Distributed Storage")
- (Oct 2014) Got selected for SP Coding School to be held at Brazil from Jan 18-31, 2015
- (July 2014) Gave a talk at Bell Labs ("Reliable, Deniable, and Hidable Communication over Multi-path Networks" )
- (June 2014) Gave a talk at University of Toronto ("Information-Theoretic Security for Communication and Storage: Looking Beyond the Perfect Secrecy")
- (May 2014) Received NSF scholarship to attend North American School of Information Theory (NASIT) at Toronto, Canada
- (Apr 2014) Paper accepted in NetCod
- (Apr 2014) Paper accepted in ISIT
- (Jul 2013) Started internship at Chinese University of Hong Kong