the award-winning Freeware program for programming the Uniden
SC230, BC246T, UBC3500XLT, BR330T, BCD396T, BC346XT(C), BCD396XT, BCT15X,
and BCD996T public safety scanners
(The 436 & 536 will not be supported). FreeSCAN
allows to download and uploading programming, remote control the scanner, log
hits, and supports printing out of systems and groups. It will run on Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 & 8.
Why should you use FreeSCAN?
There are many reasons to use this great Freeware program. Here
- 11-in-1 support. FreeSCAN
supports 11 scanners (see above), so managing multiple scanners is easy.
There is only one file format eliminating the need to convert between formats,
and handy features (such as not uploading digital channels to analog models)
make using it a snap.
- FreeSCAN isn't made in
a vacuum. It's design is largely influenced by those in the scanner community
and its meant to reflect the needs of both new users and experts.
- The recognized most easy to use scanner software
available, yet still powerful.
The BCD436HP and BCD536HP are unsupported and will never be supported.
- Import frequencies using EZ Grab, the
revolutionary system that's designed to import large lists of frequencies with
PL tones and descriptions intact from a variety of sources such as the web,
Excel, or other scanner software.
- UASD Import
- RadioReference Import: With a Premium Subscription to
RR, you can download frequencies and systems directly from the RR database to
the program and then your scanner. See the screen shots for more information.
- CSV Export
- Duplicate frequency and TGID
- Automatic channel name justifier
- Automatic frequency filler
- Print out your systems, groups, and quick
- Automatic Scanner Optimizer. This feature
will actually analyze your scanner's programming, bit by bit, and make
recommendation on what can be done to improve scanning speed and conserve
memory. With a click of a button, the Automatic Scanner Optimizer will optimize
your programming for you.
- Statistics view - lets you see how much
scanner memory would be used before you upload.
- FreeSCAN is the only
software that can print out a handy, pin-it-on-the-wall quick reference
sheet showing all systems, groups, and quick keys on one handy sheet.
- Scanner Control lets you connect your scanner to your computer and control it from within Windows
- Records audio from your scanner and automatically saves recoding as individual .MP3 files. Files are automatically split up into directories and file names are fully customizable.
- Intelligent managements of your system quick
- And lots, lots more...
These videos have been made by a FreeSCAN user and demonstrate how to import data from RadioReference