Work in progress:
- Empirical Productivity Distributions and International Trade (with Peter Egger and Katharina Erhardt), January 2019, Draft coming soon!
- Highways and Globalization: The Role of Domestic Trade Costs in Regional Development (with Taylor Jaworski and Carl Kitchens), August 2019, Draft coming soon!
- World-Trade Growth Accounting (with Peter Egger) , March 2016. Previously circulated under "Costs of Isolation: Trade Costs and Growth of the World Trade".
- The Taxing Deed of Globalization (with Peter Egger and Nora Strecker), February 2019, American Economic Review, 109 (2): 353-390.
- Sources of Heterogeneous Gains from Trade: Skill-premium vs. Non-homotheticity (with Peter Egger), 2018, Review of International Economics (special issue), 2018: 1-19.
- A Tale of Two Tails: Productivity Distribution and the Gains from Trade, January 2017, Journal of International Economics, 104: 44-62.
- Recipient of the Best Paper Prize at the 15th Post-Graduate Conference organized by GEP and CEPR.
- On Measuring the Welfare Gains from Trade under Consumer Heterogeneity, June 2016, Economic Journal, 126: 1193-1237.
- Recipient of the Austin Robinson Memorial Prize from the Economic Journal and Royal Economic Society (2017)
- Recipient of the Young Economist Award, 6th FIW Research Conference (2013)
- Distinguished CESifo Affiliate Award (2013).
- Non-technical summary featured in RES Media Briefings.
- Non-technical summary featured in Voxeu.
- Structural Gravity with Dummies Only: Constrained ANOVA-type Estimation of Gravity Data Model (with Peter Egger), September 2015, Journal of International Economics, 97(1): 86–99.
- Energy Demand and Trade in General Equilibrium (with Peter Egger), February 2015, Environmental and Resource Economics 60(2): 191-213.
- Contagious Energy Prices (with Peter Egger and Michaela Kesina), March 2013, World Economy (36)3: 349–362.
Chapters in Books:
Effects of deep versus shallow trade agreements in general equilibrium (with Peter Egger) in "Trade Cooperation: The Purpose, Design and Effects of Preferential Trade Agreements" edited by Andreas Duer and Manfred Elsig, Cambridge University Press, 2015.
Green Parties, Environmental Taxation and Trade (with Peter Egger) in "Political Economy and Instruments of Environmental Politics" edited by Andrea Kollmann, Johannes Reichl and Friedrich Schneider, MIT Press, 2015.
Asymmetric Trade Costs, Trade Imbalances, and the World Income Distribution (with Peter Egger) (This version, September 2012), previously circulated under "International Trade and Income Differences: Re-examination.
The Copenhagen Accord: On Required Implicit Carbon Tax Rates and Their Economic Consequences (with Peter Egger) (This version November, 2012).