Rajat Subhra Hazra
Institut Fur Mathematik,
Y27, Room J16,
Phone (office): +41446355855
Email: 1. rajat.hazra at math.uzh.ch
2. rajatmaths at gmail.com
Born on March 12, 1982.
B.Sc. Mathematics, St.Xavier's College, Kolkata, 2003.
M.Sc. Pure Mathematics, University of Calcutta, 2006.
Ph.D. Mathematics, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata, 2011.
Post Doctoral fellow, Universitat Zurich, September, 2011- present.
My research interests are in extreme value theory , regularly varying functions, random matrices, free probability, operator algebras, Gaussian Free fields, Membrane models, random graphs.
Thesis Advisor: Krishanu Maulik
Thesis Title: Essays on regular variations in classical and free setup: randomly weighted sums, product in CEVM and free subexponentiality.
Collaborators: Arup Bose, Krishanu Maulik , Koushik Saha, Suman Guha, Shirshendu Ganguly, Riddhipratim Basu, Arijit Chakrabarty, Deepayan Sarkar, Alessandra Cipriani, Parthanil Roy,
Conference Talks and Seminar
1. "Gaussian free field in 4 dimensions”- Invited speaker at Recent advances in probability, Bangalore, India, 30 May– 4 July, 2013.
2. “Abel and Tauberian theorems in free probability”- Invited speaker at Informs 2013 in the session ”Heavy tails and related topics”, 15 July-17 July, 2013, Costa Rica.
3. “Random matrices with dependent entries” -Invited speaker at Building Bridges: Probability, Statistics and Applications, on the occasion of the International Year of Statistics 2013 at Braunschweig, Germany, 13 August–16 August, 2013.
4. ”Limiting spectral distribution of Wigner matrices with dependent entries”- Invited speaker at Stochastic Process colloquium in Max-Plank Institute, Leipzig, Germany,9th April, 2013.
5. Limiting spectral distribution of Wigner matrices with dependent entries"- Seminar at Statistics and Mathematics Unit, ISI Kolkata, January 25th, 2013.
6.-"Extreme Eigenvalues of random matrices with dependent matrices"- Invited talk in Workshop of Heavy Tailed distributions and Extreme Value, Kolkata, 14th-17th January, 2013. Talk slides.
7. " Patterned Random Matrices: some results about the edge and bulk" -Invited talk at IMS-APRM, Tsukuba, Tokyo, 3rd July, 2012 in the session "Extreme Values".
8. "Patterned Random Matrices" - Zurich Stochastic Process colloquium on March 7th, 2012 at University of Zurich.
9. "Randomly Weighted sums" - an invited talk at Actuarial Colloquium in University of Lausanne (5th July, 2011) and contributed talk at INFORMS, Stockholm (6th July-8th July).
10. "Products under conditional extreme value model" - contributed talk at Extreme Value Analysis in Lyon, France (27th June, 2011- 1st July).
11. "Subexponentiality of free regularly varying random variables" at ICM Satellite conference on Probability and Stochastic process in Bangalore. (13th to 17th August, 2010)
12. "Free subexponentiality and regular variation" at Probability seminar Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. (8th July, 2010)
13. "Products under conditional extreme value model" at Probability colloquium in Theoretical Statistics and Mathematics Unit, Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. (15th October, 2009)
14. " Tail probabilities of randomly weighted sums" at Joint ISI-ISM-ISSAS conference at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata. (21st-22nd January, 2010)
15. " Tail probability of randomly weighted sums" at Seventh international triennial Calcutta symposium, Kolkata . (28th to 31st December, 2009)