Department of Economics, Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-4228
Tel: (979) 862-8082
Office: 3065 Allen Building
Welcome to my webpage. I am an Associate Professor in the Department of Economics at Texas A&M University. I study economic mechanisms. My main interest is the study of incentives issues in common ownership resource allocation problems. I am also interested in Market Design, Algorithmic Game Theory, and extreme case scenario welfare analysis.
Publications (peer reviewed; reverse order)
- The costs and benefits of symmetry in common-ownership allocation problems (with Alex Brown), Accepted Manuscript Games and Economic Behavior (2016+) Pre-print.
- Fairness and externalities, Theoretical Economics 11 (2016) 381-410. Open access here.
- Sincere and sophisticated players in an equal-income market, Journal of Economic Theory 157 (2015) 1114-1129. EC'13 extended abstract here; Pre-print. ScienceDirect access here.
- The price of imperfect competition for a spanning network (with Herve Moulin), Games and Economic Behavior 81 (2013) 11-26 (Pre-print; Presentation in pdf and tex) SicenceDirect access here.
- Let them cheat! (with William Thomson) Games and Economic Behavior 75:2 (2012) 948-963 (Pre-print; presentation in pdf); ScienceDirect access here.
- Are incentives against economic justice? Journal of Economic Theory 146 (2011) 326-345 (Pre-print; presentation in pdf and tex); ScienceDirect access here.
- Reflecting inequality of claims in gains and losses (with Yoichi Kasajima) Economic Theory 46: 2 (2011) 283-295 (Pre-print; presentation in pdf); Springerlink access here.
- Non-proportional inequality preserving rationing (with Yoichi Kasajima) Journal of Mathematical Economics 46 (2010) 1079-1092 (Pre-print; presentation in pdf); ScienceDirect access here.
- Back to original frugality, ACM SIGecom Exchanges, Vol. 12, No. 1, June 2013, Pages 49-52. Open access
- Inequity-averse preferences in general equilibrium, 2016 pdf; submitted.
- Sharing an increase of the rent fairly, 2015 pdf; submitted.
- Sequential preference revelation in incomplete information settings (with Jim Schummer), 2015.
- Divide and compromise (with Antonio Nicolo), 2014.
Works in progress
- Balanced house allocation (with Xinghua Long).
- Strategic sincerity in uniform rationing (with Jim Schummer).
- Optimal alpha-auctions (with Alex Brown).
- Monotonicity of preferences and the manipulation of the equal-sacrifice solution.
- Consistent queueing rules (with William Thomson).
- Spring 2016: Econ 323-502&503
- Fall 2015: Econ 629
- Summer 2015: Math camp for Econ Ph.D.
- Spring 2015: Econ 323-502&503
- Fall 2014: Econ 629
- Summer 2014: Math camp Econ Ph.D.
- Fall 2013: Econ 629 and Econ 631
- Spring 2013 (teaching release)
- Fall 2012: Econ 629 and Econ 631
- Spring 2012: Econ 323
- Fall 2011: Econ 629
- Summer 2011: The Theory of Market Design (authorized access only) here
- Spring 2011: Econ 323
- Fall 2010: Econ 629
- Spring 2010: Econ 323
- Fall 2009: Econ 629
- Texas A&M Econ Dept Working paper series here
- Theory/Experimental Economics workshop, Texas A&M.
- Department of Economics, Texas A&M.
- Department of Economics, University of Rochester.
- Math. Department, Universidad Nacional de Colombia; Medellin.
- IMPA, National Institute of Pure and Applied Math; Brazil.
- EAFIT, School of Business, Finance, and Technology; Medellin.
- Media engagement: Today show (2008) here.