REPRESENTATION AND REALITY: HUMANS, ANIMALS AND MACHINES @ AISB-50 2014
This symposium offers an occasion to discuss the problem of “representation” in humans, other animals and machines, namely what capacities can be plausibly computed and what are the most promising approaches that try to solve the problem.
1-4 April, 2014
Goldsmiths, University of London
The convention is organized by the Society for the Study of Artificial Intelligence and Simulation of Behaviour (AISB).
Hector Zenil, Karolinska Institute Sweden and Wolfram Research USA
Gianfranco Basti, PUL Rome Italy
Gordana Dodig-Crnkovic, Mälardalen University Sweden
Roberta Lanfredini, Università degli Studi di Firenze Italy
Vincent Müller, James Martin Research Fellow with the Oxford Martin Programme on the Impacts of Future Technologies
- Full paper submission deadline: 3 January 2014 -- extended to 15 January
- Notification of acceptance/rejection: 15 February 2014
- Final versions of accepted papers (Camera ready copy): 28 February 2014
- Invited speakers paper deadline: 1 March 2014
- Convention: 1-4 April 2014 [confirmation of symposium dates tbc]