School of Information Systems
Singapore Management University
I am a Ph.D student in School of Information Systems, Singapore Management University, under the supervision of Assist. Prof. Jing Jiang and Prof Lim. My research interests mainly include Text Mining and Analytic, Social Network Mining, and Machine Learning. From Aug 2013 to June 2014, I was visiting Language Technologies Institute, Carnegie Mellon University, working with Noah Smith and Alex Smola. In the summer of 2014, I worked as an intern at Google Strategic Technologies, Mountain View, CA with Amr Ahmed.
- PhD candidate, Singapore Management University, Aug 2010 to July 2015 (Expected)
- PhD Overseas Training Residency, Carnegie Mellon University, Aug 2013 to June 2014.
- B.E., Communication Engineering, Nanjing University of P. & T., 2009
Selected Publications Full List
- Minghui Qiu, Liu Yang and Jing Jiang. CIKM'13.
- Minghui Qiu and Jing Jiang. A Latent Variable Model for Viewpoint Discovery from Threaded Forum Posts. NAACL'13. [Slides][Bibtex][Video]
- Minghui Qiu, Liu Yang and Jing Jiang. Mining User Relations from Online Discussions using Sentiment Analysis and Probabilistic Matrix Factorization. NAACL'13. [Data][Code][Bibtex]
- Minghui Qiu, Feida Zhu and Jing Jiang. It's Not What We Say But How We Say Them: LDA-based Behavior-Topic Model. SDM'13. [Appendix][Slides][B-LDA Code]
- Swapna Gottipati, Minghui Qiu, Liu Yang, Feida Zhu and Jing Jiang. Predicting User's Political Party using Ideological Stances. SocInfo'13. [Slides] Best Paper Runner-up.
- Swapna Gottipati, Minghui Qiu, Yanchuan Sim, Jing Jiang, and Noah A. Smith. Learning Topics and Positions from Debatepedia. EMNLP'13. [Bibtex][Appendix][Slides][Data]
"Science is a differential equation. Religion is a boundary condition.'' -- Allan Turing