Upcoming Q+ hangouts
- Navigate with arrows to see past hangouts
- Times are given in UK time, but should automagically adopt when imported to your calendar
These are the "rules" of the Q+ hangouts:
- Q+ seats will usually be assigned first come, first served basis; there is a limit of ten active participants. An unlimited number of people can view the live stream and ask questions on the Q+ hangout thread.
- We encourage you to share the Q+ seminar with your colleagues locally by projecting onto a screen or using a large monitor. This allows us to get a bigger number of active participants in the hangout and makes watching the hangout locally more seminar-like. We're happy to reserve seats in the hangout should you decide to share your screen.
- All active participants should have a working webcam & audio set up. Make sure your bandwidth is sufficient and that the audio setup works well (if you use speakers there is a risk of feedback loops!). Test your setup before the hangout!
- During the hangout, mute your mic to prevent background noise.
- Please open the chat option during the hangout. We will try to moderate the questions there. If you ask one and are not using a headset, please mute your microphone during the answer of the speaker, as this will avoid audio loops.
- Unless the speaker objects, the hangout will be recorded and made available for offline viewing on YouTube. A list of previous recorded seminars is found here.
How to participate
The hangout will appear on the Q+ page on Google+. If you have a Google+ account, you should circle this page in order to see it in your stream. Just go to Google+ at the appointed time & join! There will be two links: one for joining the hangout actively with a webcam (limited to 10) and one for the "on air" livestream.
If you do not have a Google+ account then you can still view the talk live by going to the Q+ page at the appointed time. You will not be able to join the hangout actively, but you can still view the "on air" livestream.
A couple of hours after the hangout we will post the recorded video here.
Future of Q+
If you would like to suggest a speaker for a future Q+ hangout, then please add them to the Suggested Speakers spreadsheet on Google Docs.
We also make announcements and discuss the Q+ hangouts on the brand page, which is another reason to follow it!