I am an economist interested in empirical analysis and research. I have more than ten years of experience working with large scale longitudinal company-level databases, with the aim to better understand firms, to provide a more granular picture for macroeconomic analysis and to formulate public policy advice.
I have been working at the OECD, in Paris, since 2011. I'm currently Senior Economist for its Global Forum on Productivity. My previous work experience includes the research departments of the International Monetary Fund and the Central Bank of Hungary.
I obtained my PhD and MPhil degrees in Economics from the Tinbergen Institute (Amsterdam, the Netherlands) and an MSc in Economics from Corvinus University (Budapest, Hungary).
Productivity, labor- and capital market frictions at the micro and macro level; structural policies
SELECTED PUBLICATIONS, RESEARCH AND POLICY PAPERS
Productivity, innovation, trade
- Like it or not? The impact of online platforms on the productivity of service providers (with Alberto Bailin Rivares, Valentine Millot and Stéphane Sorbe)
- Digitalisation and productivity: In search of the Holy Grail – Firm-level empirical evidence from EU countries (with Giuseppe Nicoletti, Theodore Renault, Stéphane Sorbe and Christina Timiliotis)
- Can productivity still grow in service-based economies? Literature overview and preliminary evidence from OECD countries (with Stéphane Sorbe and Valentine Millot)
- A genie in a bottle? Globalisation, competition and inflation (with Dan Andrews and William Witheridge),
- The Best versus the Rest: the Global Productivity Slowdown, Divergence across Firms and the Role of Public Policy (with Dan Andrews and Chiara Criscuolo)
- The Global Productivity Frontier and the Role of Public Policies: Micro Level Evidence (with Dan Andrews and Chiara Criscuolo)
- Sectoral and regional distribution of export shocks (with Rafal Kierzenkowski, Gabor Fulop, Dorothee Flaig and Frank van Tongeren )
- Where to get the best bang for the buck in the United Kingdom?: Industrial strategy, investment and lagging regions (with Rafal Kierzenkowski and Gabor Fulop)
- Measuring Productivity at the Firm Level Using ORBIS,
Employment, firm dynamics, entrepreneurship
- Do Micro Start-Ups Fuel Job Creation? Cross-Country Evidence from the DynEmp Express Database (with Chiara Criscuolo and Carlo Menon)
- DynEmp: a Stata routine for distributed micro-data analysis of business dynamics (with Chiara Criscuolo and Carlo Menon)
- The Dynamics of Employment Growth: New Evidence from 18 Countries (with Chiara Criscuolo and Carlo Menon)
- Firm Dynamics and Public Policy: Evidence from OECD Countries (with Dan Andrews, Chiara Criscuolo and Carlo Menon)
Capital, financial constraints
- Capital over the Business Cycle: Renting versus Ownership (with Gabor Pinter),
Structural reforms and policy reports
- Digital dividend: Policies to harness the productivity potential of digital technologies (with Stéphane Sorbe, Giuseppe Nicoletti and Chiristina Timiliotis)
- The short-term impact of product market reforms: a cross-country firm-level analysis (with Alexander Hijzen)
- The Quantification of Structural Reforms in the OECD: A New Framework (with Balázs Égert)
- Structural policy indicators database for economic research (SPIDER) (with Balázs Égert and Isabelle Wanner)
- Reducing regional disparities in productivity in the United Kingdom (with Jagoda Egeland)
- Contributions to the OECD Economic Surveys: United Kingdom 2017, OECD Publishing, Paris.
- The macroeconomic impact of structural policies on labour market outcomes in OECD countries: A reassessment (with Adam Theising),
- What Makes Labour Markets Resilient During Recessions?