Welcome to the PERCoGS (Physics Education Research Consortium of Graduate Students) Homepage!
This website provides graduate students in physics education research and related fields to the information they need to be “in the know.” Here you can find PERCoGS Quarterly Newsletters, PER Graduate Student Social Media Channels, and many other resources for Professional Development, Networking, and more!
What is PERCoGS?
PERCoGS are the representatives of graduate students in physics education research. PERCoGS is made up of its 4 elected members as well as graduate students who are on AAPT and GPER committees and wish to be PERCoGS members. PERCoGS' primary aim is to create and manage structures that help PER graduate students to stay connected and to prepare graduate students to fully participate in the PER community when they graduate.
In This Issue...
- PERCoGS Guide to AAPT
- (A Brief) Overview of (Some) Conferences in PER - Daryl McPadden
We also have included these articles from our newsletter archive with summer conferences in mind:
- • Presenting an 8-Minute Talk - Trevor Smith
- • Writing Good Negative Reviews - Rachel Scherr
- • Making Beautiful Posters - Ellie Sayre
Come see us at Summer 2019 AAPT!
PERCoGS will host several sessions/social events at the conference:
- PER Student Topical Discussion: Monday 8:30-10:30 AM
- Professional Skills for Graduate Students Session: Mentoring Undergrads & Junior Grad Students (Tuesday 1:30-3:30 PM)
Read the PERCoGS bi-annual report
The PER Graduate Student Slack Community is up and running! Join us now!
Please direct questions about how to join/participate in percogs.slack.com to PERCoGS.email@example.com
Like us on Facebook!
If you would like to contribute to our site, please email a member of PERCoGS with information to add to the webpage.