NEW - now available on the App Store:
pcdMagic converts Kodak Photo CD images into JPEG, TIFF or DNG files. It runs on Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) or later on either Intel or PowerPC based systems.
NEW - Version 1.3 is now available
- pcdMagic now supports the Apple Touch Bar
- More controls - white balance, highlight and shadow recovery, etc, etc
- Presets for processing - easily apply the same settings to multiple images
- More flexible batch processing - easy selection of output location
- And still all the usual goodies that have made pcdMagic the go-to choice for Photo CD processing - scanner and film type specific color profiles, full support for all image resolutions including 64Base "Pro" images
If you have PCD format files and you want to see them looking the way they did when you took the photo, you need pcdMagic. pcdMagic doesn't convert hundreds or thousands of different image formats - it converts just one format, the Kodak Photo CD format, exactly right, giving you your images back, just like you remember them:
- macOS Sierra and Retina display compatible.
- No blown highlights - most Photo CD conversion software blows highlights. pcdMagic just doesn't. See why this matters.
- Specific color profiles by film type and scanner model - e.g., Kodachome scanned by a Kodak 4000 series scanner versus color negative on a Kodak 2000 series scanner. See why this matters.
- Image sharpening that's specific to Photo CD images. See why this matters.
- Adaptive interpolation - conventional interpolation can result in unsightly artifacts in your images; pcdMagic's adaptive interpolation avoids this. See why this matters.
- Output to JPEG, TIFF or DNG. pcdMagic converts to your choice of output format, even archival level DNG files. And of course, properly color managed, so you get exactly the right color rendition when you view converted files in other applications.
- Converts any Photo CD file. pcdMagic handles all Photo CD files at maximum resolution, even 4096 × 6144 "64Base" Photo CD Pro files and the rare "Class three compression" files that other conversion program can't convert at full resolution.
NDSR Boston choses pcdMagic
. NDSR Boston recently performed a very detailed comparison of the various options for converting Photo CD images. While the comparison is very detailed, complete with histograms, color comparisons, etc, the result was simple - to quote from NDSR Boston, "pcdMagic is our tool of choice". You can read the whole comparison here.