A Place to Dance
for People with Parkinson's
and their Family and Partners
Our next class is February 24, 2017, at 1 p.m.
New and returning participants are always welcome. There is parking under the building and in the lot.
Arrive a bit early to chat or just settle in. We will do our best to start on time. Class ends at 2:15.
For information about more Duluth-area activities of interest to people with Parkinson's and their care partners, see the Duluth Parkinson's Activities site.
Photo: Luna moth outside the UUC, 15 June 2012, by Joan Setterlund.
- For people with Parkinson’s attending alone or with their family and friends
- No dance experience necessary
- Class takes place at the Unitarian Univeralist Congregation, 835 W. College Street, Duluth, Minnesota
- Garage parking is available under the building, with elevator access to our dancing area
- A welcoming and lively weekly class modeled on the Mark Morris Dance Group’s Dance for PD® program
- We begin class in chairs and remain seated for a full dancing warmup; all dances can be done seated
- Stretch, warm up, spark your creativity and grace
- No special clothing or shoes are required; wear something comfortable that doesn't constrict your movement. Some people like to wear layers to accommodate different temperatures in the building. You can take class in street shoes, ballet or jazz shoes, or socks. If you wear shoes, a flexible shoe is best.
- There is currently a suggested donation of $3 per person or $5 per group including family, friends, caregivers; please attend even if you can't make a donation--all people with Parkinson's are welcome