Dr. Oktay Turetken is an Associate Professor in the School of Industrial Engineering at Eindhoven University of Technology. He has a PhD degree in Information Systems. From 2008 until late 2012, he worked as a research fellow in the European Research Institute in Service Science at Tilburg University, where he participated in EU funded FP7 research projects on service science and business process management. From 2005 to 2008, he worked as a software and business process improvement consultant in industry. Between 1999 and 2008, he participated in and led a number of projects dealing with enterprise resource planning system implementation, large-scale software intensive system specification and acquisition, software process improvement, and project & portfolio management system implementations. In 2007 and 2008, he was also an adjunct lecturer in the Software Management master program at METU, TR. Since 2014, he has led and worked in several projects in the mobility domain.
His research interest centers around the concept of ‘business model’ from the perspective of information systems in general and of business process management in particular. He focuses on the engineering side of the concept and work of the operational design and implementation of networked (multi-stakeholder) business models. He also studies the organizational capabilities related to the strategic, people and cultural factors that influence an organization’s ability to (re)design and manage business and process models.
Business Process Management (1BM05)
Business Analysis for IT Systems (1BM20)
Business Information Systems Management (1BV20)
Business Enabling Systems (1BK30)
Enterprise Information Systems (1BM62)
IS/Software Project Management
Software Process Improvement
Software Requirements Engineering
Management Information Systems
Enterprise Information Systems
Business Process Modelling and Improvement
Process Improvement, Measurement and Analysis
Oracle E-Business Suite (ERP) - HR and Financials
Portfolio and Project Management with CA Clarity PPM
- CAiSE-2020 - Int. Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering. Grenoble, France, June 8-12, 2020
- ICIS-2019 - International Conference on Information Systems. Munich, Germany.
- A-BPM 2019 @ SEAA: Advancing- Business Process Management (Special track at SEAA 2019), Thessaloniki, Greece. 28-30 Aug 2019.
- BPM 2018: Business Process Management Conference, Sept.2018, Sydney, Australia.
- A-BPM 2018: Advancing Business Process Management, in Euromicro SEAA 2018, Sept.2018, Prague | Czech Republic.
- ECIS 2017: 25th European Conference on Information Systems, June 05-10 2017, Guimarães, Portugal.
- BPM 2017: Business Process Management Conference, September 10-15, 2017, Barcelona, Spain.
- A-BPM 2017: Advancing Business Process Management in September 2017 Euromicro SEAA 2017, Vienna, Austria.
- SABPM 2017: Sustainability Aware Business Process Management (in conjunction with BPM 2017), September 10-15, 2017, Barcelona, Spain.
- S-BPM-ONE 2017: 9th Conference on Subject-oriented Business Process Management. March 30-31, 2017, Darmstadt, Germany
- BPM 2016: Business Process Management Conference. September 18-22, 2016, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- ECIS 2016: 24th European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2016), June 12-15 2016, Istanbul, Turkey.
- A-BPM: Advancing Business Process Management in Euromicro SEAA 2016, August 31 - September 2, Limassol, S.Cyprus.
- S-BPM-ONE 2016: 8th Conference on Subject-oriented Business Process Management. April 6-8, 2016, Erlangen, Germany.
- SEAA-2015: The Euromicro Conference series on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), Funchal, Madeira, Portugal, August 26-28, 2015.
- PRO-VE'15: 16th IFIP Working Conference on Virtual Enterprises. Albi, France, 5-7 October.
- ProCare 2015: Process-oriented approach for patient-centered care delivery (ProCare) workshop (@ Pervasive Health 2015), May 20th, 2015 in Istanbul, Turkey.
- ECIS 2015: 23rd European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS 2015) in Münster. May 26-29, Munster, Germany.
- S-BPM-ONE 2015: 7th International Conference on Subject-oriented Business Process Management. April 23-24, 2015, Kiel, Germany
- SEAA-2014: The Euromicro Conference series on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA), Verona, Italy, in August 27-29, 2014.
- XP-2014: 15th International Conference on Agile Software Development (XP 2014), May 26th, Rome, Italy
- S-BPM-ONE 2014: 6th International Conference on Subject-oriented Business Process Management. April 22-23, 2014.
- SEAA 2013: Euromicro Conference on Software Engineering and Advanced Applications (SEAA 2013), Santander, Spain, September 4-6, 2013.
- CPSM 2013: IEEE International Workshop on Communicating Business Process and Software Models (CPSM 2013): Quality, Understandability, and Maintainability, Eindhoven, the Netherlands, 22-28 September 2013.