אורן בן בסט Oren Ben-Bassat 松
potential graduate students or postdocs please write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
I am a senior lecturer with tenure at the mathematics department of the University of Haifa where I have been since 2010. From October 2012 to September 2015, I also had a position at the Mathematical Institute of the University of Oxford sponsored by a Marie Curie (Skłodowska) Intra-European Fellowship for Career Development from the European Commission.
My articles from journal websites or from the arxiv if not yet published:
(23) Analytification, localization and homotopy epimorphisms, joint with Devarshi Mukherjee, Bulletin des Sciences Mathématiques 176, (2022).
(22) Fréchet Modules and Descent, joint with Kobi Kremnizer. Submitted at least a year and a half ago.
(21) Analytic geometry over F_1 and the Fargues-Fontaine curve, joint with Federico Bambozzi and Kobi Kremnizer, Advances in Mathematics 356, (2019).
(20) Bounded linear endomorphisms of rigid analytic functions, joint with Konstantin Ardakov, Proceedings of the London Mathematical Society, Vol. 117, Issue 5 (2018).
(19) Perversely categorified Lagrangian correspondences, joint with Lino Amorim. Advances in Theoretical and Mathematical Physics, Vol. 21, No. 2 (2017).
(18) Stein domains in Banach algebraic geometry, joint with Federico Bambozzi and Kobi Kremnizer. Journal of Functional Analysis, Volume 274, Issue 7 (2018).
(17) Non-Archimedean analytic geometry as relative algebraic geometry, joint with Kobi Kremnizer, Annales de la faculté des sciences de Toulouse Sér. 6, 26, 1 (2017).
(16) Dagger geometry as Banach algebraic geometry, joint with Federico Bambozzi, Journal of Number Theory, 162 (2016).
(15) A ‘Darboux theorem’ for shifted symplectic structures on derived Artin stacks, with applications, joint with Chris Brav, Vittoria Bussi, and Dominic Joyce, Geometry & Topology 19, 3 (2015).
(14) Multiple derived Lagrangian intersections, Contemporary Mathematics 643 (2015).
(13) Moduli Stacks of Bundles on Local Surfaces, joint with Elizabeth Gasparim, Springer UMI (2014).
(12) Milnor descent for cohesive dg-categories, joint with Jonathan Block, Journal of K-theory 12, 3 (2013).
(11) Berkovich Spaces and Tubular Descent, joint with Michael Temkin, Advances in Mathematics 234 (2012).
(10) Equivariant Gerbes on Complex Tori, Journal of Geometry and Physics 64 (2012).
(9) Gerbes and the holomorphic Brauer group of complex tori, Journal of Noncommutative Geometry 6, 3 (2012).
(8) Meromorphic Line Bundles and Holomorphic Gerbes, joint with Edoardo Ballico, Mathematical Research Letters 18 (2011).
(7) Cohomology Groups of Deformations of Line Bundles on Complex Tori, joint with Noam Solomon, Israel Journal of Mathematics 186 (2011).
(6) Twisting Derived Equivalences, Transactions of the American Mathematical Society 361 (2009).
(5) Non-commutative tori and Fourier-Mukai duality, joint with Jonathan Block and Tony Pantev, Compositio Mathematica 143 (2007).
(4) Mirror Symmetry and generalized complex manifolds Part I, Journal of Geometry and Physics 56, 4 (2006).
(3) Mirror Symmetry and generalized complex manifolds Part II, Journal of Geometry and Physics 56, 7 (2006).
(2) Submanifolds of generalized complex manifolds, joint with Mitya Boyarchenko, Journal of Symplectic Geometry, 2, 3 (2004).
(1) What is Not in the Domain of the Laplacian on Sierpinski Gasket Type Fractals, joint with R. S. Strichartz and A. Teplyaev, Journal of Functional Analysis 166 (1999).
I taught a course on Differential Graded Categories, at Oxford during Trinity Term 2013. Classes taught at the University of Haifa include Algebraic Groups, Modern Algebra B (taught 2 times), Introduction to Number Theory, Functional Analysis (taught 5 times), Analytic Geometry (taught 3 times), Modern Algebra A, Lie Algebras (taught 2 times), Linear Algebra A, Commutative Algebra, Topology (taught 2 times) and Knot Theory.
My research group maintains a blog called Derived Algebraic and Analytic Geometry.
2006 Completed Ph.D. from the University of Pennsylvania supervised by Tony Pantev
2007-2008 NSF postdoc at Columbia University, New York
2008-2009 postdoc at The Hebrew University Of Jerusalem
2010-2014 tenure track lecturer at the University of Haifa
2012-2015 visiting faculty at the University of Oxford, supported by the European Commission as a Marie Curie fellow
2014-present senior lecturer with tenure at the University of Haifa
A talk at the University of Miami from 2005, SYZ geometries on generalized complex manifolds.
A talk from 2010 I gave at the ICMS (Maxwell Institute, Edinburgh) is also available here, go down to Gerbes and the holomorphic Brauer group of complex tori.
A slide presentation by Dominic Joyce summarising his recent and current work and that of his group.
Some recent conferences where I gave a talk: Deformation Quantization of Shifted Poisson Structures, IUT Theory of Shinuchi Mochizuki, Derived structures in geometry and representation theory, Derived Algebraic Geometry, with a focus on derived symplectic techniques, Mini-workshop on refined invariants, DG-enhancements and higher category methods, CATS 4, VBAC 2012, Hodge Theoretic Reflections on the String Landscape, Deformation Week, Mini-workshop: Non-archimedean analytic geometry and tropical geometry, Swansea, Higher Sturctures in Algebraic Analysis.
Coauthors: Tony Pantev (also my Ph.D. advisor), Lino Amorim, Konstantin Ardakov, Federico Bambozzi, Jonathan Block, Dominic Joyce, Chris Brav, Vittoria Bussi, Devarshi Mukherjee, Michael Temkin, Kobi Kremnizer, Noam Solomon, Edoardo Ballico, Elizabeth Gasparim, Mitya Boyarchenko, R. S. Strichartz and A. Teplyaev
My mathematical genealogy (provided by mathematical uncle Jimmy Dillies).
My talk at the Perimeter Institute.
please do not spell my name any of the following ways: Oren Ben-Basset, Oren Ben Basset, Oren Ben Bassat, אורן בן-בסט