Please read the festival's regulations below.
The 13th edition of the festival will take place in Apchat, France from September 9th to 11th, 2022 and in Issoire, France from October 10th to 16th, 2022.
Unique Location :
ONE Country ONE Film is a unique festival festival taking place in three different venues located in the same beautiful countryside area in the heart of France.
Unique Concept :
Every film selected is the sole representative of its country in each of the following categories : Feature Films, Short Films, Children Films. Every year a Country is honored and several films are selected from that country. Since its creation in 2010, ONE Country ONE Film has selected 118 countries.
Send your film (short or feature, animation, fiction, experimental or documentary) and be the only one to represent your country at ONE Country ONE Film 2021 - 13th edition!!
The Awards and Cash Prizes are :
Best Fiction Feature (55 minutes or more) : 1000 €
Best Fiction Short (54 minutes or less) : 400 €
Best Documentary : 400 €
Best Animation : 400 €
(Any bank, transfer and conversion fees will be deducted from the indicated award amount)
The Honor Awards are :
The Feature Films Public Award
The Short Films Public Award
The Young Public Award
What films can participate ?
- All categories : Documentaries, fiction, animation, and experimental films (no music videos, commercials or corporate films).
- All genres (except pornography).
- All durations : from short films to feature lengths films.
- All shooting formats.
- All films completed 2 years or less prior to the festival. So no earlier than September 2020.
What are the entry categories and fees ? :
- Fiction Feature Length (55 minutes or more) : US$ 28,00 (or 25,00 €)
- Fiction Short (54 minutes or less) : US$ 17,00 (or 15,00 €)
- Documentary Feature Length (55 minutes or more) : US$ 28,00 (or 25,00 €)
- Documentary Short (54 minutes or less) : US$ 17,00 (or 15,00 €)
- Animation Feature Length (55 minutes or more) : US$ 28,00 (or 25,00 €)
- Animation Short (54 minutes or less) : US$ 17,00 (or 15,00 €)
- Experimental Feature Length (55 minutes or more) : US$ 28,00 (or 25,00 €)
- Experimental Short (54 minutes or less) : US$ 17,00 (or 15,00 €)
What's the deadline ? :
April 30th 2022.
What other iportant things do I have to know before entering my film at the festival ?
- By submitting a film, the owner of the film's rights, confirms that he owns all the broadcast rights for the film (images, music, soundtrack) and grant the festival the right to screen the film at no fees according to the ways mentioned in the festival's regulation (available at www.onecountryonefilm.com) that he has read and agreed to.
- Please also note that the festival does not pay screening fees (meaning that the festival doesn't give money to rights owners of the films selected in order to screen their films).
- Regulation regarding French subtitling : Authors and/or right owners for the films selected will provide free of charge as soon as they receive the notification of their selection either a French subtitled file of their film if available or an english SRT file (subtitle file) along with a link to download a clean version of the film on synch with the SRT file. If needed the festival can help free of charge with the translation from English to French.
- Withdrawing policy : after notification by email has been sent the right owners of the film(s) have 2 weeks to withdraw their film(s) from the selection. After this deadline the film(s) will be officially programmed and it will not be possible to remove it/them.
When will I know if I'm selected ?
The 2022 official selection will be announced in August 2022 on this website and on our Facebook Page and Group. Directors or contacts for the films selected will also be reached by email. Email spam filters are sometime too zealous so don't forget to always check your spam box in case a good news ends up there!
REGULATION & APPLICATION PROCEDURES :
1 – ONE Country ONE Film International Film Festival is organized by “Un Monde Meilleur” association. Therefore every rights given to the festival according to the regulation below is also given to the association. The 13th edition of the festival will take place in Apchat, France, from September 9th to 11th 2022 and in Issoire, France, from October 10th to 16th 2022.
2 – The main goal of the festival is cultural exchange between countries. Diversity regarding the origin of films is the number one criteria for selection. No more than one film in each of the following categories: Feature Films, Short Films, Children Films, is selected per country represented so every film will have the honor to officially represent its country. However each year a country is honored and several films originating from that country will be screened. The honored country is announced together with the selection.
3 – The awards and cash prizes are : Best Fiction Feature (55 minutes or more) (1000 €), Best Fiction Short (400 €) , Best Documentary (400 €), Best Animation (400 €). The honor awards are : the Feature Films Public Award, the Short Films Public Award, the Young Public Award and the Young Jury Awards. Any bank, transfer and conversion fees will be deducted from the indicated award amount. The festival is open to any category: documentary, fiction, animation, experimental (except music videos, commercials and corporate films), any duration, any genre (except pornography), and any shooting format. The films must have been completed within two years preceding the festival. The list of films selected will be announced on the festival website and on the Facebook group and page in August 2022 latest.
4 – Entry fees to the festival are 15 € per short film (less than 55 minutes) and 25 € per feature length film (55 minutes or more). Films can be entered on the following platforms: clickforfestivals, (https://www.clickforfestivals.com/), filmfreeway (https://filmfreeway.com/), festhome (https://festhome.com/). Search for « ONE Country ONE Film ». The regulations are available on the website (www.onecountryonefilm.com). The deadline for entries is April 30th 2022.
5 – Authors and/or right owners for the films selected confirm that they have acquired the music rights for their film and freely give away their rights regarding the screening of the film (image and music) for the duration of the festival and for other possible screenings that the festival would organize before or after the festival in France or in any foreign country. There are two types of screenings: “Best of”, and screenings within the “Better World Project”, an international charity program designed by the festival to share with the world’s different cultures using film as a medium in remote areas, for audiences who can’t easily get access to cinema and to support charity organizations and foundations throughout the world. More information about the “Better World Project” on our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/423422817798950/
6 - Authors and/or right owners for the films selected will provide free of charge as soon as they receive the notification of their selection either a French subtitled file of their film if available or an english SRT file (subtitle file) along with a link to download a clean version of the film on synch with the SRT file. If needed the festival can help free of charge with the translation from English to French.
7 - Please note that the Festival will not pay any screening fees.
8 – Some films or portions of them might be used for educational purposes workshops during or after the festival. The authors and/or right owners for these films will be contacted regarding that usage.
9 - Authors and/or right owners for the films selected freely give away their rights regarding the usage on any media (press, TV, internet, theaters) of images or extracts from their films. These images or extracts will be used for the program or the promotion of the festival. These images or music extracts might also be used in a teaser to promote the festival and for the awards announcement.
10 – Directors of the selected films authorize the festival to use their image on the program or on the festival website.
11 - Cancellation of participation: after the festival’s notification of selection has been sent by email (usually in June), the film's rights owners have two weeks to withdraw their film(s) from the selection if they wish. After these two weeks the film(s) will be included in the selection according to the conditions indicated in the festival’s regulations. Distributors, should make the film’s rights owners aware of this when entering their film(s).
© ONE Country ONE Film - 2009-2022