New River Valley Chapter of Virginia Master Naturalists
Upcoming events & News
- 2019 VMN Statewide Conference will be September 20-22, 2019. Read more about it here.
- Photo Contest: We are pleased to announce that the 2019 VMN Statewide Photo Contest is Now Open! For more information and to view the rules and submission form, click this link and scroll down the page. The deadline for entry is August 9, 2019.
- Webinars: Are you interested in educational webinars? Virginia Master Naturalist videos are available online.To watch, go to VMN's Continuing Education web page.
- Basic Training Course: A new training course will be offered in early spring of 2020. Please check back this fall for more information. Click here for more details.
- Visit Claytor Lake State Park's Discovery Room this summer. The center is open weekends from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Who are we?
The New River Valley Chapter of Virginia Master Naturalists is part of the Virginia Master Naturalist Program, a state-wide corps of community-based volunteers who work to care for Virginia's natural resources and public lands. After basic training in natural resource topics, we volunteer as educators, citizen scientists, and stewards helping Virginia conserve and manage its natural resources.
On these pages you will find events and volunteer opportunities in which we participate as Virginia Master Naturalists. However, these events and opportunities are open to all people in the New River Valley of Virginia and nearby regions.
Virginia Master Naturalist programs and employment are open to all, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, political beliefs, sexual orientation, or marital or family status. An equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.