Dr. Hien Quoc Ngo
Lecturer (Assistant Professor)
UKRI Future Leaders Fellow
Room 01.054, Institute of Electronics, Communications & Information Technology (ECIT), Queen's University Belfast, U.K. Belfast BT3 9DT, U.K.
Phone: +44 (0)28 9097 1892
I am currently a Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Queen's University Belfast, and a UKRI Future Leaders Fellow. My specific research interests include massive (large-scale) MIMO, cell-free massive MIMO, and cooperative communications. I have received three prestigious prizes: the IEEE ComSoc Stephen O. Rice Prize in 2015, the IEEE ComSoc Leonard G. Abraham Prize in 2017, and the Best PhD award 2018 by the European Association for Signal Processing (EURASIP).
- Since June 2017: Lecturer (Assistant Professor), Institute of Electronics, Communications & Information Technology (ECIT), Queen's University Belfast, U.K.
- 2016: VR Researcher (funded by the Swedish Research Council), Division for Communication Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University, Sweden
- 2010-2015: Ph.D. student, Division for Communication Systems, Department of Electrical Engineering, Linköping University, Sweden (Supervisor: Prof. Erik G. Larsson)
- 2008-2010: M.S. student, School of Electronics and Radio Engineering, Kyung Hee University, Korea (Supervisor: Prof. Hyundong Shin)
- 2002-2007: B.S. student, Faculty of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology, Vietnam
- 2014: Internship, Bell Laboratories, Murray Hill, NJ, U.S.A.
- 2016: visiting researcher, Queen's University Belfast, U.K.
- Editor of IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, since Feb 2018
- Editor of Elsevier Physical Communication (PHYCOM), since Oct 2019
- Editor of IEICE Transactions on Fundamentals of Electronics, Communications and Computer Sciences, since June 2018
- Editor of Digital Signal Processing, since Nov 2017
- Editor of REV Journal on Electronics and Communications, since March 2017
- Guest Editor of IET Communications, special issue on "Recent Advances on 5G Communications", 2017
- Guest Editor of IEEE Access, special issue on "Modelling, Analysis, and Design of 5G Ultra-Dense Networks", 2017
- Technical Program Chair of the International Conference on Recent Advances in Signal Processing, Telecommunications & Computing (Jan. 2018)
- Technical Program Committee (TPC): IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC); International Conference on Wireless Communications and Signal Processing (WCS); The International Conference on Advanced Technologies for Communications (ATC); The International Symposium on Wireless Communication Systems (ISWCS); IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC); The International Conference on Coastal Engineering (ICCE); The Global Communications Conference (GLOBECOM); The Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC)