Final Report and Tutorial
Quick Guide: MWDL Geospatial Metadata Quick Guide
Report: Best Practices for Geospatial Metadata Creation for MWDL Cultural Heritage Digital Repositories
Charge for the Task Force:
The Geospatial Discovery Task Force of the Digitization Committee of the Utah Academic Library Consortium is an ad hoc committee whose charge is as follows:
1. Identify existing geospatial metadata practices used by Mountain West Digital Library (MWDL) partners and other digital libraries, as well as other disciplines and organizations.
2. Develop guidelines for MWDL partners to use in standardizing metadata practices to optimize geographically-based discovery of digital resources.
3. Develop recommendations and instructions for creating map-based search interfaces or augmenting existing interfaces with map-based search functionality.
4. Identify and share tools related to geospatial metadata and the creation of map-based search interfaces.
5. Create the following deliverables:
Head of Cataloging and Metadata Services
Utah State University
Electronic Business Project Manager
Utah Department of Heritage and Arts