My name is Mohsin Jafri and I am working as an Assistant professor in National University of Science and Technology, Pakistan. I completed PhD in Computer science from Università Ca' Foscari Venezia under the supervision of Dr Andrea Marin in ACADIA research group. Previously I completed Masters in Electrical Engineering with specialization in networks engineering from COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan in 2015 under the supervision of Dr Nadeem Javaid. I graduated from Bahauddin Zakariya University Multan with specialization in Telecommunication Systems.
- email@example.com , firstname.lastname@example.org , email@example.com
- Google scholar account (Research)
- LinkedIn (Pofessional)
- University page
My research interests are
–: Wireless communication
–: Wireless sensor networks
–: Underwater sensor networks
+ Assistant Professor in Computer science (June 2019 - Present)
- Head of Department, Department of Computer Science
- Nust Balochistan Campus (NBC), Quetta.
- Also working as a Director of Local Quality Enhancement Cell (LQEC) of Department of Computer science
+ Doctorate fellow at ACADIA research group (September 2015- April 2019)
- Department of Environmental sciences, Informatics and Statistics, Università Ca’Foscari Venezia, Italy
- working on Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks (www.dais.unive.it/acadia)
+ Visiting research fellow at TELIN (May 2017- June 2017)
- Department of Telecommunications and Information Processing, Ghent University, Belgium
- working on Performance analysis of underwater sensor networks with Prof. Dieter Fiems
+ Network engineer (May 2011-May 2012)
- Department of Information and Communication Technology, D.G.Cement company, D.G.Khan, Pakistan
- Performed Physical Installation and troubleshooting of I.P.Telephony from Cisco Call Manager VR.4.1
- Performed Configuration and troubleshooting of Cisco Voice Gateways-248, Switches (Cisco 3560, Cisco 2960)
+ Network Engineer at Ufone (Pak Telecom Mobile Limited) Network Switching System Department:- I learned the basic rules for operation and maintenance of UMG, MSC and BSC.(Summer 2009)
+ Transmission Engineer at Nokia Siemens Network:- I worked out for database update of Telenor swap with NSN so got experience of TEMS 8.0 and Mapinfo tools.(Summer 2010)
Collaborated research projects
1-We collaborated with Robert Martin (PhD Student, University of Connecticut Storrs) and contributed in the library of AquaSim-NG to add the libraries regarding underwater sensor networks. (Jun 2016-Jan 2017)
"Aqua-Sim NG is an UWSN simulator tool and its core continues to support basic underwater functions seen in Aqua-Sim 1.0, such as half-duplex, long propagation delays, and acoustic signal attenuation. Current protocol support includes: (MAC layer:) BroadcastMAC, Underwater ALOHA, CopeMAC, Underwater FAMA, Underwater Slotted FAMA, GOAL, UWAN, RMac, Tmac, (Routing Layer:) DBR, Residual-DBR, Static, Dynamic, Dummy, Flooding, DDoS-Restriction, VBF, and VBVA."
2-We collaborated with Prof. Dieter Fiems and Kishor Patil to work on Performance analysis of underwater sensor networks.(May 2017- Till date)
3- Semester Project with Prof. Monika Heiner on Biomedical engineering for systems and synthetic biology
4- Semester Project with Prof. Catuscia Palamidessi on Impossibility of differentially Private universally optimal mechanisms.
1.: Probabilistic modeling and analysis of Depth-based routing in Underwater Networks, Organized by TELIN research group, Ghent University, Belgium.
2.: Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks: Applications, Advances and Research challenges
Organized by Acadia research center, Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia, DAIS Venice, Italy.
3.: Simulating Depth-based routing in Underwater Networks , Organized by Acadia research centre, Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia, DAIS Venice, Italy.
Venue: Ca Foscari University, Building Zeta, Meeting Room, 13/12/2015.
5.: Impossibility of Differentially Private Universally Optimal Mechanisms, Venue: Ca Foscari University, Building Zeta, ACADIA Room, 28/4/2016.
1.: Analysis of performance in Depth Based Routing for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks in the Proceedings of InfQ 2017, held in conjunction with Valuetools Conference 2017, Venice, Italy.
2.: Adaptive Holding time and Depth-Based Routing for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks in the Proceedings of Valuetools 2017, Venice, Italy.
- Mohsin Raza Jafri, Simonetta Balsamo, Andrea Marin, and Robert Martin. "Implementation of Depth-based routing and its enhancement in Aqua-Sim Next Generation for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks". International Journal of Communication Systems, 2018, issue no. e3714, Wiley Online Library.
- Kishor Patil, Mohsin Raza Jafri, Dieter Fiems and Andrea Marin, "Stochastic Modeling of Depth Based Routing in Underwater Sensor Networks", published in AdHoc Networks journal, Elsevier, 2019.
- M. Tahir, I. Ali, Piao Yan, Zexin Jiang and Mohsin Raza Jafri, "Exploiting W. Ellison model for seawater communication at GHz frequency based on World Ocean Atlas Data", accepted in Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute (ETRI) journal, Wiley, 2019.
- M. Tahir, Piao Yan, and Mohsin Raza Jafri, "Non-Linear Least Square approach for range estimation based on attenuation of EM waves in seawater using world ocean data from 1955 to 2012", published in International Journal of Communication Systems: e4117. Wiley, 2019.
- Mohsin Raza Jafri, Andrea Marin, Andrea Torsello, Majid Ghaderi "On the Optimality of Opportunistic Routing Protocols for Underwater Sensor Networks", accepted in the proceedings of 21st ACM International Conference on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Wireless and Mobile Systems (MSWiM), 2018.
- Simonetta Balsamo, Dieter Fiems, Mohsin Raza Jafri, and Andrea Marin. “Analysis of performance in Depth Based Routing for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks,”. In Proceedings of the 7th Workshop on New Frontiers in Quantitative methods in Informatics, InfQ'2017, December 5–7, Venice, Italy. Springer, pp. 18–31.
- Mohsin Raza Jafri. “Adaptive Holding time and Depth-Based Routing for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks,”. In Proceedings of the 11th EAI International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools, VALUETOOLS'2017, December 5–7, Venice, Italy. ACM, 3 pages.
- Mohsin Raza Jafri, S.Balsamo and A. Marin "Identifying the Optimal transmission range in Depth-Based Routing For UWSN," In Proceedings of 31st European Simulation and Modelling Conference - ESM'2017, October 25-27, IST, Lisbon, Portugal. EUROSIS, pp. 288-292.
- N. Javaid, Mohsin Raza Jafri, Z.Khan, N.Alrajeh, M.Imran and A. Vasilakos "Chain-Based Communication in Cylindrical Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks," published in Sensor Journal, Volume 15(2)(2015).
- N. Javaid, Mohsin Raza Jafri, Z. A. Khan, U. Qasim, T. A. Alghamdi, M. Ali" iAMCTD: improved Adaptive Mobility of Courier Nodes in Threshold-Optimized DBR Protocol for UWSNs," published in International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, (2014).
- N. Javaid, Mohsin Raza Jafri, S.Ahmed, Z.Khan, U.Qasim and S.Alsaleh "Delay-Sensitive Routing Schemes for Underwater Acoustic Sensor Networks," published in International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks, (2014).
- Mohsin Raza Jafri, N. Javaid, A. Javaid, Z.Khan "Maximizing the Lifetime of Multi-Chain PEGASIS Using Sink Mobility," published in World Applied Sciences Journal, 21(9):1283-1289,2013
- Mohsin Raza Jafri, S.Ahmed, N.Javaid, Z.Ahmed,R.Qureshi "AMCTD: Adaptive Mobility of Courier nodes in Threshold-optimized DBR Protocol for Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks," published in Eighth International Conference on Broadband,Wireless Computing, Communication and Applications(BWCCA), Compiegne, France,2013.
- Mohsin Raza Jafri, N.Javaid, N.Amjad, M.Akbar, Z.Khan, U.Qasim " Impact of Acoustic Propagation Models on Depth-Based Routing Techniques in Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks," accepted in 28th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications (AINA), Victoria, Canada, 2014.
- Mohsin Raza Jafri, M.Moid.Sandhu, K.Latif, Z.A.Khan, A.Yasar, N.Javaid, "Towards Delay-Sensitive Routing in Underwater Wireless Sensor Networks," accepted in 5th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks (EUSPN-2014), Halifax, Canada.
- A.H.Khan, Mohsin Raza Jafri, N.Javaid, Z.A.Khan, U.Qasim and M.Imran, "DSM: Dynamic Sink Mobility Equipped DBR for Underwater WSNs," accepted in 6th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT-2015), London, UK.
- S.Ahmed, M.Akbar, Rehmat ullah, S.Ahmed, A.Rehman, Mohsin Raza Jafri, Z.A.Khan, U.Qasim, N.Javaid, "ARCUN: Analytical approach towards Reliability with Cooperation for Underwater WSNs," accepted in 6th International Conference on Ambient Systems, Networks and Technologies (ANT-2015), London, UK.
1-Kishor Patil, Mohsin Jafri, Dieter Fiems and Andrea Marin, "Performance Evaluation of Depth Based Routing in UnderwaterSensor Networks", accepted in the proceedings of StochMod 2018 13-15 June, Lancaster University, UK.
Reviewer . . . . . . .
–: Official reviewer of Computer Communication
-: IET Radar, Sonar and Navigation, IET
Computer skills. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Tools: MATLAB, NS3, AquaSim, LabView
Programming: C, C++, Python, TCL, R
Advanced: LATEX, OpenOffice, Linux
Awards and Certificates. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
+ Merit scholarship for PhD studies, 2015-18, Awarded by , Università Ca’ Foscari Venezia, Italy.
+ Research Productivity Award, 2013, Awarded by COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
+ Research Productivity Award, 2015, Awarded by COMSATS Institute of Information Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
PhD Thesis and its presentation