Energy, Resources, Infrastructure & Finance Professional
Public Policy Expert, Political Scientist, Specialist in Geopolitics and in International Relations and Economist - Regular Political & Financial Commentator who has built a good following among a global community of readers and viewers
Extensive experience in policy, global strategy and business development. Skilled at top-level negotiation, driving global operations and business expansion opportunities through investments, partnerships and acquisitions (M&A). Creates, structures, finances, implements and leads major international projects, mainly in emerging countries. Knowledge of capital markets. Working in an agile environment. Graduated from HEC Paris, the LSE and NYU Stern.
Early childhood, primary and secondary education
His early schooling was at Collège Notre-Dame de Jamhour in Lebanon; and then, at Lycée Blomet (known as École Normale Catholique ENC) in France.
- a "Diplôme National du Brevet des Collèges" (equivalent to a Junior High School Diploma in the US and to a General Certificate of Secondary Education in the UK);
- and, a "Baccalauréat Général" (equivalent to a Senior High School Diploma in the US and to an A-levels in the UK) - Economics and Social Science stream with a speciality in Mathematics.
Undergraduate, postgraduate and executive education
- a "Diplôme d'études universitaires générales" DEUG (equivalent to an Associate Degree in the US and to a Diploma of Higher Education in the UK) in Political Science from Université Vincennes-Saint-Denis Paris VIII following a year at Institut Catholique de Paris ICP in its preparatory school ("prépa" or "classe préparatoire") for entrance to Institutes of Political Studies IEP (known as Sciences Po) including the courses of a first year of DEUG in History (the current French Minister of the Interior and Overseas and former Minister of Public Action and Accounts Mr Gerald Darmanin and the daughter of Fouad II the last King of Egypt Princess Fawzia Latifa Fouad were then his classmates);
- a "Licence" (equivalent to a Bachelor of Arts) in Political Science from Université Panthéon-Assas Paris II;
- a Master of Arts in Diplomacy, an executive program in Geopolitics, Law and International Economy from École Diplomatique Internationale de Paris EDIP (then part of and organized with EBS Paris Group and later merged into école des Hautes Études Internationales et Politiques HEIP and Centre d’Études Diplomatiques et Stratégiques CEDS) organized with Académie internationale de Géopolitique (led by Professor Jacques Soppelsa) and Centre de Politique Internationale de la Sorbonne CPIS (led by Professor Charles Zorgbibe), two affiliated associations of Université Panthéon-Sorbonne Paris I (the former Cambodian Under Secretary of Ministry of Education, Youths and Sports and former Ambassador of Cambodia in France Mr Samedy Sivathana and the current Ambassador of Republic of Congo in Germany Mrs Edith Itoua were then his classmates);
- a Master in Global Management, a program in Finance, Marketing, Human Resources and International Trading from European Business School EBS Paris;
- a Master in Law, Economics and Management, research and professional programs, mention International Studies with specialization track in Diplomacy and Strategic Negotiations from Université Paris-Sud Paris XI (now known as Master in European & International Law with specialization track in Diplomacy and Strategic Negotiations from Université Paris-Saclay) with a Master's Thesis on the Sunni fundamentalist threat in Lebanon under the supervision of Professor Sélim el-Sayegh (current Member of Parliament in Lebanon and former Lebanese Minister of Social Affairs);
- and, the TRIUM Global Executive Master of Business Administration MBA from Leonard N. Stern School of Business (New York University NYU); London School of Economics and Political Science LSE (University of London); and, école des Hautes Études Commerciales de Paris HEC Paris School of Management.
Plus the following certifications:
- Combating Money Laundering and the Financing of Terrorism & Proliferation (AML/CFT) in Banks, a Financing Industry Program / training for Senior Management from Riga Business School (Riga Technical University).
- Professional Scrum Product Owner™ I (PSPO I) from Scrum.org, a fundamental level of product ownership, proving an intermediate understanding of the Scrum framework and how to apply it to maximize the value delivered with a product; as well as an understanding of how to maximize return on investment and optimize the total cost of ownership of products and systems.
- Professional Scrum Master™ I (PSM I) from Scrum.org, a fundamental level of Scrum mastery, including the concepts of applying Scrum, and proven an understanding of Scrum as described in the Scrum Guide; as well as a consistent use of terminology and approach to Scrum.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from JM6S (Mr Jean-Marc Clofullia) - a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt & International Association for Six Sigma Certification (IASSC) Accredited Traininig Associate - and FITEC.
- Directing an Engineering Project Management Office from FITEC.
While he registered in a PhD program in Economy at École des hautes études en sciences sociales EHESS (he wanted to write a thesis on the Energy cooperation with Latin America and the Persian Gulf as support to the Russian foreign policy, under the supervision of Professor Jacques Sapir), he started his career as Equity Research Analyst at the MENA Hedge Fund of Evolvence.
He has then been creating, structuring, financing, implementing and leading projects in the energy, natural resources and infrastructure sectors for:
Bluegreen (Bucherer): energy & mining projects in Africa, the Middle East and the Central Asia.
Jindal Drilling & Industries: energy projects in the Middle East
Bolloré Transport & Logistics: port projects in the Middle East
Boost: energy and agriculture projects in France, Africa, and the Middle East
In addition, he offered consultancy services as:
Advisor to Lebanon’s Minister of Economy & Trade
Consultant for PNB Banka (banking) in Latvia and the United Kingdom
PMO for Axa (banking and insurance) in France
PMO for EDF (electricity power generation) in France
And, he was a director in the boards of:
Petrel Resources, an energy public company listed on the London Stock Exchange (AIM)
JP Kenny Resources, a mining public company listed on the Euronext (Growth Oslo)
Native/bilingual proficiency: English, French and Lebanese.
Limited working proficiency: Spanish and Italian.