Locations: Please download or print a copy of the Campus Map and bring it with you.
Emergency Telephone Numbers: If you need to report a problem or non-life-threatening emergency (or if someone can’t reach you on your cell phone), call the cell phones of Sue (630) 865-8304 or Mady (630) 251-0811 or Nancy (608) 358-4478 or Diana (414) 828-0570. They will have campus custodial and emergency contact information.
Lodging: Lodging will be in Glen Dye, Ella Dye, and Wayland Hall (see Campus Map), dorms on the Wayland Academy campus. Suites are two rooms with two single beds each, connected by a shared bathroom with bath/shower. Our group will be the only occupants of the buildings, with the exception of a few Wayland faculty. There are common lounges in each dorm with refrigerators, TV, and air conditioning. Dorm rooms are not air-conditioned, but all other facilities are.
Security: Each person in the dorm will receive a room key and a key card for all other buildings.
Smoking & Alcohol: Wayland Academy does not permit smoking in any buildings or on the property. If you’d like to bring alcohol for yourself or for others to share, please feel free to do so. There will be a wine and beer cash donation bar at the parties and Saturday pre-banquet reception and banquet. Refrigeration options may be limited.
First Aid Kit: A first aid kit is available in Heaton’s Union. A defibrillator is available in the Gymnasium.
Wireless: Wireless access is available using a guest login.
Refrigerator access: This will be limited--we suggest bringing your own cooler/ice if you need to keep items cold.
Check-in/Check-out: Check-in will occur in the Lindsay Complex: Heaton’s Union (#19 on Campus Map) from 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m Friday. People arriving after this time should come directly to Lindsay Complex: Gymnasium or call one of the organizers’ cell phones. Participants need to clear their rooms and return their keys to the registrar by 2:30 p.m. Sunday.
Provided in the rooms are:
- a bed with sheets, blanket, and pillow
- a linen packet with washcloth, hand towel and bath towel (no soap)
Things you may want to bring:
- items to donate to the silent auction
- cash/checks for purchasing silent auction items and cash donation bar
- clothes hangers will be scarce, we will provide some extras
- mattress pad; fitted bottom sheet; extra pillows, blankets & towels (if you find these necessary)
- soap and other toiletries
- waterproof slippers and toiletry caddy for showers
- coolers if you need to keep anything cold
- alarm clock
- reading lamp
- extension cord with multiple outlets
- room fans
- bathing suit
- mosquito repellent
- musical instruments and/or props for ceilidh acts
- snacks/treats for parties and/or drinks to share. Note: Hearty snacks will be provided Friday after the social dance and during the ceilidh after the ball. If you are eager to bring snacks and drinks to share, they should be non-perishable or stored in coolers since refrigerator space is limited.
- Friday dinner is new this year. It will be a light meal served between 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm. Sign up for it on the registration form if you will attend.
- Meals: All meals, including the ball banquet, will be served in the Pickard Dining Hall (#10 on Campus Map). The food is served buffet style and every meal has vegetarian options. The food is very good!
Teaching Sessions: All workshop dance sessions will be held in Lindsay Complex: Gymnasium or Dance Studio (2nd Floor) (#11 on Campus Map).
Music Workshop: Please see the information at Music Workshop
Parking: Parking is available in the Circle Drive directly in front of Wayland Hall and the Gymnasium. Additional parking is in the back of the Gymnasium, accessed via Franklin St.
Gatherings: The Pickard Dining Hall and Frame Lounge will serve as the location for the Friday night party and the Saturday night Ceilidh.
Ceilidh: The Ceilidh is held after the Saturday Ball. A ceilidh master will be ready to register your acts during the weekend.
Ball: The ball will be held in Lindsay Complex: Gymnasium (#11 on Campus Map).
Ball Walk-Through: Local teachers will lead the walk-through in the Lindsay Complex 2nd floor Dance Studio (#11 on Campus Map) on Saturday afternoon from 3:30 - 5:00 p.m.
Changing Room: If you aren't staying in the dorms and need a place to change before the ball, use the men’s and women’s locker rooms just off of the gym.
Massage Therapy Sessions: Carolyn von Ruden will again be available at Wayland Saturday and Sunday morning for 30-minute massage therapy sessions for $30.00 each. Sign up for a time slot when you arrive.
Items for Sale: If you have items for sale (CDs, tapes, books, t-shirts, etc.), they may be offered at the Gymnasium before and after teaching sessions on Saturday and Sunday, or at lunch on Sunday.
Silent Auction: We will hold a silent auction that helps fund the Weekend. Items available for bid will be on tables in the Gymnasium lobby. Printing and filling out the auction form beforehand will be helpful.