Rooting Coby Kyros MID7012 with SuperOneClick
I've spent some time researching how to root my Coby Kyros MID7012 tablet. I tried Z4Root first and it failed. I found and used a program called SuperOneClick v184.108.40.206 and was able to successfully root my Coby Kyros MID7012.
z4Root and Coby Kyros MID7012
The z4root app installed on the device, but when I pressed the button to do a permanant root, z4root closed and nothing happened. Z4root was a fail for my Coby Kyros MID7012.
SuperOneClick & Coby Kyros MID7012
SuperOneClick v220.127.116.11 zip file can be downloaded at shortfuse.org. The Short Fuse website is a bit confusing as what to actually click on to get SuperOneClick. Most of the big "Download" buttons and text are for some program other than SuperOneClick. They are probably just adds. Scroll down the home page of shortfuse.org and you will see the text "Click here to download SuperOneClick v2.3.3" right before posted comments. Or use the following direct link at Deposit Files.
Direct link at Deposit Files: SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip
Rooting Coby Kyros MID7012
- SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip downloaded
- Andriod SDK installed on your PC
- ADB(Andriod Debug Bridge) installed and correctly working when your Coby Kyros MID7012 is plugged into your PC via USB cable.
1. Download the SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip from one of the sources above.
2. Unzip SuperOneClickv2.3.3-ShortFuse.zip to a directory.
3. Make sure USB debugging is set on the Coby Kyros MID7012 and then plug it into your PC via USB. Wait a few seconds (about 15).
(Note: You must have Andriod SDK and ADB(Android Debug Bridge)installed on your PC.)
4. Execute the SuperOneClick.exe
5. Click the "Root" button.
(Note: I got error near the end and it failed. So I clicked "Root" again, and it was a success.)
6. If you don't have any problems, SuperOneClick will reboot your Coby Kyros MID7012. Your Coby Kyros MID 7012 is now rooted.
(Note: My reboot hung on "android" loading screen. I had to reset the Coby Kyros MID 7012 by sticking a pin in the rest button on the back of device the device. )