Mee Seong Im
Mathematics is the most beautiful and most powerful creation of the human spirit.
National Research Council Research Associate
NAS Assistant Professor
National Academy of Sciences (NAS)
Army Research Laboratory
Supercomputing Research Center, Office: C-236
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD 21005
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Thayer Hall, Office: 252
United States Military Academy
West Point, NY 10996
Phone: (845) 938-5649
Fax: (845) 938-2409
Email: meeseongim *at* gmail *dot* com
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Mathematics at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Mathematics at the University of Georgia
- Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Mathematics at the University of Birmingham, England
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Physics at the University of Georgia
- Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Mathematics at the University of Georgia
Mathematicians in all areas of mathematics and all users of sage (python), Macaulay2, Mathematica, GAP (computational discrete algebra system), Magma (computer algebra system), etc. are welcome!
Reviewer: I am a reviewer for Zentralblatt MATH (reviewer ID: 17038).
Managing editor: I have been on the editorial board with other Association for Women in Mathematics (AWM) mathematicians, creating Advances in the Mathematical Sciences Springer book. Hard copies may be purchased at the 2019 Joint Mathematics Meeting (January 16-19, 2019) in Baltimore, MD.
- Diagrammatic algebras and categorification. quiver Hecke algebras, modified Hecke algebras, quantum group, variations of Brauer algebras, Temperley-Lieb algebras.
- Geometric constructions. Geometric techniques, fiber bundles, Hilbert schemes and moduli spaces.
- Equivariant geometry of algebraic groups, Lie (super)algebras, (Grothendieck-)Springer resolutions, quiver varieties, quiver flag varieties.
Keywords: geometric, categorical, combinatorial representation theory, and quantum topology.
- On the Hamiltonian reduction of generalized Grothendieck-Springer resolutions, with R. Lewis. In progress.
- On quantum shuffle algebras and the characters of KLR-algebras. In progress.
- TBA, with T. Scrimshaw, in progress, 2018.
- TBA, with C. Ozan Oguz, in progress, 2018.
- Quantum computation and quantum topology in a mission environment, with V. Dasari, in progress, 2018.
- Quantum automata and colored HOMFLY-PT invariants (tentative title), with A. Nelson, in progress, 2018.
- On the module structure of the center of hyperelliptic Krichever-Novikov algebras II, with B. Cox, X. Guo, K. Zhao, in preparation, 2018.
- On cohomological properties of quiver flag varieties (tentative title), in progress, 2018.
- On certain Lie superalgebras (tentative title), with C. Lai, A. Wilbert, J. Zhu, in progress, 2018.
- Invariants of certain Lie superalgebras on super-representations on the k-Jordan quiver (tentative title), in progress, 2018.
- TBA, with O. Omari, S. Reif, M. Rosas and M. Schaps, in preparation, 2018.
- TBA, with Z. Daugherty, I. Halacheva, G. Letzter, E. Norton, in preparation, 2018.
- The regularity of the cotangent bundle of the Grothendieck-Springer resolution (tentative title), with T. Scrimshaw, in preparation, 2018.
- Optimization problems with low SWAP tactical computing, with V. Dasari and L. Beshaj, accepted, Proc. SPIE, 2018, 5 pages.
- Beta super-functions on super-Grassmannians, with M. Zakrzewski, submitted, Proc. Japan Acad. Ser. A Math. Sci. (2018), 18 pages.
- Categorification of Verma modules and indecomposable projective modules in the category I_g(sl(2)) for sl(2), with B. Cox, submitted, Adv. Math. (2018), 23 pages.
- Complexity and mission computability of adaptive computing systems, with V. Dasari and B. Geerhart, submitted, J. Defense Modeling & Simulation: Applications, Methodology, Technology (2018), 6 pages.
- Optimization and synchronization of programmable quantum communication channels, with V. Dasari, Proc. SPIE Quantum Information Science, Sensing, and Computation X 10660-26 (2018), 1-7.
- The affine VW supercategory, with M. Balagovic, Z. Daugherty, I. Entova, I. Halacheva, J. Hennig, G. Letzter, E. Norton, V. Serganova and C. Stroppel, submitted, Math. Z. (2018), 35 pages.
- On the module structure of the center of hyperelliptic Krichever-Novikov algebras, with B. Cox, Representations of Lie Algebras, Quantum Groups and Related Topics, Contemp. Math. 713 (2018), 61-94.
- Translation functors and decomposition numbers for the periplectic Lie superalgebra p(n), with M. Balagovic, Z. Daugherty, I. Entova, I. Halacheva, J. Hennig, G. Letzter, E. Norton, V. Serganova and C. Stroppel, accepted, Math. Res. Lett. (2016), 42 pages.
- Unipotent invariants of filtered representations of quivers and the isospectral Hilbert scheme, with L. Jones, arXiv: 1608.02293, 2016.
- Families of orthogonal Laurent polynomials, hyperelliptic Lie algebras and elliptic integrals, with B. Cox, Integral Transforms Spec. Funct. 27 (2016), no. 11, 899-919.
- Generalized iterated wreath products of symmetric groups and generalized rooted trees correspondence, with A. Wu, Adv. Math. Sci. 15 (2018), 29-46.
- Generalized iterated wreath products of cyclic groups and rooted trees correspondence, with A. Wu, Adv. Math. Sci. 15 (2018), 15-28.
- On semi-invariants of filtered representations of quivers and the cotangent bundle of the enhanced Grothendieck-Springer resolution, IDEALS 2142 (2014), no. 49392, 1-134.
- Suggestions to study affine and GIT quotients of the extended Grothendieck-Springer resolution, Preprint, 2014.
- Semi-invariants of filtered quiver representations with at most two pathways, arXiv: 1409.0702, submitted, 2014.
- The regularity of the cotangent bundle of the Grothendieck-Springer resolution, Article, 2013.
- The regular semisimple locus of the affine quotient of the cotangent bundle of the Grothendieck-Springer resolution, J. Geom. Phys. 132 (2018), 84-98.
- On Kostant's theorem for Lie algebra cohomology, with B. D. Boe, L. Chastkofsky, D. K. Nakano, J. R. Kujawa, E. Wiesner, I. Bagci, B. Connell, B. J. Cooper, M. S. Im, W. Li, K. J. Platt, C. B. Wright, B. Wyser and T. Kelly, Contemp. Math. 478 (2009), 39-60.
- Nonstandard approach to Hausdorff measure theory and an analysis of some sets of dimension less than 1, eTheses Repository 5218 (2005), 1-103.
- Examples relating to Green's conjecture in low characteristics and genera, with T. Estu, J. Manning, Z. Michaels, J. Pasko, W. Rulla and N. Wijesinghe, accepted upon revision, Experiment. Math. (2004), 17 pages.
Selected Research Slides
- Oct 2018, Representations of degenerate affine Brauer superalgebras
- San Francisco State University, San Francisco, CA. [slides]
- Oct 2018, A geometric construction of beta super-functions on super-Grassmannians
- 26th ARL-USMA Technical Symposium, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. [slides]
- July 2018, A construction of the affine VW supercategory
- ICERM, Brown University, Providence, RI. [slides]
- June 2018, An investigation towards higher Schur-Weyl duality for the periplectic Lie superalgebra
- Colorado State University Mountain Campus, Bellvue, CO. [slides]
- June 2018, On the affine VW supercategory
- Department of Mathematics, University of Georgia, Athens, GA. [slides]
- May 2018, On the representation theory of periplectic Lie superalgebras and affine VW supercategory
- Department of Mathematics, Jan Kochanowski University, Kielce, Poland. [slides]
- Apr 2018, Synchronization of programmable quantum and classical communication channels
- Apr 2018, On the affine VW supercategory
- Department of Mathematics, University of Oklahoma, Norman, OK. [slides]
- Mar 2018, On a construction of the affine VW supercategory
- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH. [slides]
- Dec 2017, On higher cohomology vanishing for quiver flag varieties
- Department of Mathematics, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA. [slides]
- Oct 2017, A 1-categorification of Verma modules for sl(2)
- 25th ARL-USMA Technical Symposium, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. [poster]
- Jul 2017, Cohomological properties of certain quiver flag varieties
- College of Science and Technology, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA. [slides]
- Jul 2017, The category of finite-dimensional representations of periplectic Lie superalgebras
- Lev Campus of the Jerusalem College of Technology, Jerusalem, Israel. [slides]
- Jul 2017, On the finite-dimensional periplectic Lie superalgebra representations
- Department of Mathematics, Bar-Ilan University, Ramat Gan, Israel. [slides]
- May 2017, The category of finite-dimensional integrable representations of the periplectic Lie superalgebra p(n)
- University of Reims Champagne-Ardenne, Moulin de la Housse, Reims, France. [poster]
- Apr 2017, Representations of signed affine Brauer algebras
- University of California-Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA. [slides]
- Apr 2017, Representations of affine Nazarov-Wenzl algebras
- Department of Mathematics, Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK. [slides]
- Jan 2017, Higher Schur-Weyl duality for Lie superalgebras
- Joint Mathematics Meeting (Lie supersubalgebras), Atlanta, GA. [slides]
- Jan 2017, On the geometry of filtered representations of quivers and connections to isospectral Hilbert schemes
- Joint Mathematics Meeting (geometry), Atlanta, GA. [slides]
- Mar 2016, A categorification of sl(2)-Verma modules
- AMS Sectional Meeting, University of Georgia, Athens, GA. [slides]
- Jan 2016, On the categorification of Verma modules for sl(2)
- Joint Mathematics Meeting, Seattle, WA. [slides]
- Oct 2015, On families of orthogonal Laurent polynomials, hyperelliptic Lie superalgebras and elliptic integrals
- Army Research Lab, Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. [slides]
- May 2015, From a quantum field theory to categorical representation theory
- Pomona College, Claremont, CA. [slides]
- Apr 2015, The geometric construction of KLR-algebras
- Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, FL. [slides]
- Apr 2015, On quiver Hecke, quantum shuffle, and quantum cluster characters
- University of Maryland, College Park, MD. [poster]
- Jan 2015, Quiver Hecke algebras and filtered quiver representations
- Joint Mathematics Meeting, San Antonio, TX. [slides]
- May 2014, On constructing invariants for generalized quiver varieties with applications to shape deformation in target and activity recognition
- Center for Naval Analyses, Alexandria, VA. [slides]
- Apr 2014, On filtered representations of quivers with at most two pathways and on the generalized Grothendieck-Springer resolution
- University of California, Berkeley, CA. [slides]
- Apr 2014, On semi-invariants of filtered representations of quivers and the cotangent bundle of the enhanced Grothendieck-Springer resolution
- Doctoral defense, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL. [slides]
- Dec 2013, Applications of filtered quiver varieties in representation theory
- MIT Lincoln Laboratory, Lexington, MA. [slides]
As history proves abundantly, mathematical achievement, whatever its intrinsic worth, is the most enduring of all.
A Mathematician's Apology, by G. H. Hardy