More on negative emissions
EMF27 special issue
The EMF27 Study on Global Technology and Climate Policy Strategies is now available here. It is one of the largest multi model comparison, with a specific focus on the role of clean energy technologies and energy efficiency in achieving climate stabilization. It also looks into coordinated versus fragmented international climate agreements.
All articles are publicly accessible via open access.
1. CLIM-D-12-00647 Modeling meets science and technology: An introduction to a Special Issue on Negative Emissions. Tavoni and Socolow. http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs10584-013-0757-9#page-1
2. CLIM-D-12-00193 The role of negative CO2 emissions for reaching 2°C -
Insights from Integrated Assessment Modelling. van Vuuren et al. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0680-5
3. CLIM-D-12-00108R1 Can Radiative Forcing Be Limited to 2.6 Wm-2 Without Negative Emissions From Bioenergy and CO2 Capture and Storage? Edmonds et al. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0678-z
4. CLIM-D-12-00194R1 Is atmospheric carbon dioxide removal a game changer for climate change mitigation? Kriegler et al. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0681-4
5. CLIM-D-12-00181R2 Direct Air Capture of CO2 and Climate Stabilization: A Model Based Assessment. Chen and Tavoni. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-013-0714-7
6. CLIM-D-12-00115R1 Optimal mitigation strategies with negative emission technologies and carbon sinks under uncertainty. Fuss et al. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0676-1
7. CLIM-D-12-00243 Ecological limits to terrestrial biological carbon dioxide removal. Smith and Torn. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0682-3
8. CLIM-D-12-00179R1 Adjustment of the natural carbon cycle to negative emission rates. Vichi et al. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0677-0
9. CLIM-D-12-00190R1 Direct air capture of CO2 with chemicals: optimization of a two-loop hydroxide-carbonate system using a countercurrent air-liquid contactor. Mazzotti et al. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0679-y
10. CLIM-D-12-00234 Exploring negative territory: Carbon dioxide removal and climate policy initiatives. Meadowcroft. http://rd.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10584-012-0684-1
Stability of international climate agreements.